IGNORED

280z Front bumper conversion. Kaminari or MSA Type 3?

seanboxing

My 78 280z has the stock bumper that I'd like to convert to a sleeker air dam.

The problem I'm running into, however, is that the air dam I want (the Kaminari) only fits the 240/260. I think modifying it, and switching the parking lights will be a pain in the arse. So I'm instead considering the MSA type 3 with the grill, but it looks hit or miss in the photos (some looks angular and aggressive, others look rounded and 90s-sequences.)

Do anyone have either mounted they can share pics of? Or does recommend one of the other for a 280z? Also open to other solutions and air dam types. Just not a fan of those big arse bumpers!

Thanks!IMG_5120.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

I purchased this one through MSA, I did not want the hassle of changing the location of the blinkers.  This is a fiberglass model, the thing I don't link is that it is not flat up front, I say it looks like a buck tooth..LOL.   Otherwise, install was straight forward and I've had it a year without incident.  I did have to do a lot of prep work for a good finish though but believe that's the case with most of the fiberglass parts.  I also installed the fiberglass 240 style bumpers.  

I purchased this one through MSA, I did not want the hassle of changing the location of the blinkers.  This is a fiberglass model, the thing I don't link is that it is not flat up front, I say it looks like a buck tooth..LOL.   Otherwise, install was straight forward and I've had it a year without incident.  I did have to do a lot of prep work for a good finish though but believe that's the case with most of the fiberglass parts.  I also installed the fiberglass 240 style bumpers.  

Thanks for responding! Just to be clear, you've had the type 3 with grill for a year? And installed the 240 style bumper? One of the reasons I'm considering the type 3 is because it has a built in bumper look with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

3 hours ago, wheee! said:

@Eurodat for the bumper conversion parts. His system is artwork. 

You can read through my thread. Might give yoh some pointers.

If you need anything, just send a pm.

Impo done properly, it really looks good.

• Like 1