IGNORED

78 280 Z stock EFI

Dogariffic

I have a stock 78 280Z EFI system available. I also have a video of the car running taken yesterday to verify the car runs.

Would like to sell the system as a single unit but will consider parting it out. 

Includes everything from and between the AFM to the fuel line related to the EFI.

AFM, intake manifold and everything attached to it, fuel rail, rebuilt injectors with 2,000 miles on them, FPR, etc. new connectors to everything also with 2,000 miles on them. Complete set of vacuum hoses if needed. Additionally, the stock air cleaner and an aftermarket K&N cone system is available.

Also have some new parts available. Cold start valve, FPR, temp sensor, etc.

Photos available on request.

Edited by Dogariffic

Truly appreciate all of your assistance and patience Zed, but at the end of the day....after a lot of soul searching and although she runs really well....we think we will have other issues in the future that are electrical, related to the EFI, that will simply keep her from being reliable enough for our particular uses.  You saw the video I posted the other day and she does start and run well.....but long-term moving away from the EFI is probably the best thing for our use.

I will tell you this, my son and I have learned a whole lot about the Z and respect the technology.  They are wonderful cars.  But he and I like to drive them and are not really into tinkering as much as some.

But hopefully, this system will make someone who values the technology a nice prize.  We are not looking to make a lot of money off selling the EFI. Just whatever is fair for a working system.

I saw a post from October where someone pieced his out and after a week or so if we don't have a buyer for the whole shebang will do the same.

Again, I sincerely want to tell you how much I appreciate your assistance with the Z.  She will continue to be well taken care of and a prize that will be cherished.

20 hours ago, Consigli said:

I have a 1978 280Z too with the stock Bosch EFI. I'm looking for a nice OEM EGR valve & shield. I'm assuming once you switch to carbs you won't use yours. Do you have one for sale? Thanks! 

Possibly Consigli. I have a line on a guy who may simply buy the whole system, but if that does not happen in the next couple of weeks I promise to get back with you. I will close the loop even if he buys everything so you will know.

Appreciate your interest!

22 minutes ago, Dogariffic said:

Possibly Consigli. I have a line on a guy who may simply buy the whole system, but if that does not happen in the next couple of weeks I promise to get back with you. I will close the loop even if he buys everything so you will know.

Appreciate your interest!

I'm sorry you didn't have better luck with your OEM EFI. Its still a good system and was one of the best back in the day. Mine is all original and runs great now. But I did do a lot of expensive work to it such as all new NOS injectors, new connectors, new cold start valve, new thermo time switch, new fuel pump, new fuel dampner, etc. 

If the other guy doesn't buy the whole system I may be interested in that too so I can have spare parts. Thank you! 

20 hours ago, Consigli said:

I'm sorry you didn't have better luck with your OEM EFI. Its still a good system and was one of the best back in the day. Mine is all original and runs great now. But I did do a lot of expensive work to it such as all new NOS injectors, new connectors, new cold start valve, new thermo time switch, new fuel pump, new fuel dampner, etc. 

If the other guy doesn't buy the whole system I may be interested in that too so I can have spare parts. Thank you! 

Thanks. Great car!!

I just sent you a PM...

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to inquire about the aftermarket K&N cone system is available.  May I see a picture. I may end up needing more items. I am currently trying to trace a fueling problem. Hopefully I do not need the entire EFI system, but you never know.

Thanks

Edited by Starfox