IGNORED

55476-n4300 moustache bar bushings wanted

Jason240z

If you're absolutely set on OE rubber bushings, then consider contacting David House at Courtesy Parts (david@courtesyparts.com).  He can scan dealer inventories across the U.S. to see if any are available.  If so, he can have them shipped to Courtesy and then he can ship to you.  You'll pay parts cost and all shipping.

I emailed David

Here is the response

I searched all dealers, and there are no dealers having them on their shelf.

Sorry, we can not get them.

My Response:

Thanks anyway. Is there a way to suggest to Nissan they need to make a
run of bushings the way they do for lower control arms?

Thanks, Charles

The answer:

Seems like it is random how Nissan decides to stop making a part. Some parts are still being produced, like wiper blades and interior rivets.  In general, parts for the S30's are getting scarcer and scarcer each time I check. S130's are the worsts as far as parts availability.

Does anyone here have some connections at Nissan who could try to get this part number on a list so they will make a run of these? Maybe the larger rubber washer's too...

I did email and had the same response.

I'm looking for alternatives.  I could get some lower hardness poly bush ones made, thats one option.  The other is looking for something like this

http://www.fibet.co.uk/perch/resources/flanged-headed-bush-fbf.pdf

I really need accurate measurements of standard ones though, that'd be a massive help.

Edited by Jason240z

I thought we just went through this?  In this thread:
http://www.classiczcars.com/topic/58037-mustache-bar-bushings/?do=findComment&comment=525900

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:12 PM, Captain Obvious said:

Here's a dimensioned sketch of the OEM bushing. For those of you who don't want to deal with my chicken scratch, the bottom line is:

OD ~ 1.977
OAL of bushing outer wall ~ 1.575 after installation (1.985 reference before installation)
length of center bolt cylinder ~ 2.565
ID of bolt hole through ~ .677 (clearance hole for 17mm dia bolt shank)

P1120069.JPG

Note that the 40mm after install dimension should be on the inside edges of the bent over flanges instead the outside as it's drawn. I'm no draftsman.P1120074.JPG

• 1 month later...