IGNORED

16x8 + 20, 225/50/16 will they fit?

Justen

Just wondering if anyone has this on their 280z. The car has coilovers and is lowered extremely low but I can always adjust it.
Its stock fenders but I'm okay with putting fender flares, if I can go a meatier tire I will.

This is is my ssr longchamps, and the other set i want to use is xxr.

19756389_1768941536457198_4354194812379088634_n.jpg

This debate comes up every so often.  Some say they rub some say they don't.  I run 225's in my '76 280z and they rubbed in the front and back.  Fixing the valence was easy but the back still rubbed even after I rolled the fenders.  My car is lowered about 1.5" and I had 0 offset.  I cut the fenders and put on flares.  Honestly, I sometimes wish I hadn't.  You could easily get by with a pair of sticky 205's.  I believe that's what Eiji from Datsun Spirit runs on his white z.  That car has more than 300 hp and goes 0-60 in 4 seconds or so.  I know, I drove it.  

I took the back rear flat edge and cut the inner portion every half inch then rolled out the flat portion to form a lip. Some FG on the inside and a bit on the edge was all that was needed to complete the mild flare without making a radical change to the exterior appearance.

Prior to doing so I took the spring off and found that running 2.25 inch negative camber allowed the wider wheels/tires to tuck up nicely.

Yep - this topic has been beat to death- so let the beatings continue!

17x8.5" +4 offset . 225 will BARELY rub if I bottom out over a bump full fuel and cargo. What rubs is the inner arch rear quarter which can only be altered with flares. Same wheels with +10 offset I bet I could get 245's not to rub, but you would have to run spacers up front ( this is with stock spring diameter , lowered 1.5")

IMG_1182.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• Haha 1

Yep - this topic has been beat to death- so let the beatings continue!

17x8.5" +4 offset . 225 will BARELY rub if I bottom out over a bump full fuel and cargo. What rubs is the inner arch rear quarter which can only be altered with flares. Same wheels with +10 offset I bet I could get 245's not to rub, but you would have to run spacers up front ( this is with stock spring diameter , lowered 1.5")

IMG_1182.thumb.JPG.d57642b2b6925520b474bb23b2647582.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

IMG_1105.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk