IGNORED

Forum Search?

w3wilkes

Thanks for the reply. I do use the google search and it works just fine. I was just curious about the forum search because no matter what I try, including All Content in both regular and advanced search, I get zero results. It looks to me like search in the forums does not work.

17 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

I guess I don't know how to search the forums. It doesn't matter what I put in the search box in the upper right side I get 0 results. What am I missing?

Hi @w3wilkes, the search is functional on this site.  It's probably better than Google because it will include hidden areas not visible to non-members.  But, you have to select the correct option when searching.  For instance, if you have a topic (thread) open, the search will always default to the current topic.  Here's what it looks like when I click search while reading this topic, for instance.  Notice that it has "this topic" selected...

Screenshot 2017-07-24 09.02.29.png

51 minutes ago, w3wilkes said:

Thanks for the reply. I do use the google search and it works just fine. I was just curious about the forum search because no matter what I try, including All Content in both regular and advanced search, I get zero results. It looks to me like search in the forums does not work.

The forum search is specific to the area you are in.  If you want to search the entire site, you can go to our home page and click search, or, you can just select "All Content" under the drop down, like this:

Screenshot 2017-07-24 09.05.31.png

So tell me what I'm doing wrong... Here's snips of my search and the results.

Doing site:classiczcars.com gas cap in Google search I only get 200+ hits on "gas cap"

search.JPG

result.JPG

Edited by w3wilkes
add additional info