IGNORED

Bought # 4858

madkaw

12 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Looks like you found a good one,  interesting mount between the the front of the diff and the cross member, is that custom or maybe from a later model? It appears to be solid.

That is aftermarket. It is a solid one. 

More pics . I think I can save the floors and probably 98% of the original metal. Might be different when I get all the floor far off of there , but so far looks good. The chassis is really in amazing condition for a 70 or any early Z. Almost all the interior panels are good enough and any tears in the vinyl were small. This will be a very nice car for someone. I plan on doing a major refresh and selling . 

IMG_1370.JPG

IMG_1372.JPG

IMG_1374.JPG

IMG_1375.JPG

IMG_1376.JPG

IMG_1377.JPG

Interesting paperwork that came with the car shows the exchange of owners somewhere CA. BMV paper has statement from owner stating car was in storage from 1988-1996 - and at that time had 58k miles. Presently the odometer reads 59k miles. Looking over the car at every angle I would say the mileage probably could be correct , though no way to verify. I do have some names to try and seek out info. Accept for damage causing rust on the floor boards , this car is really clean. Only other damage I found besides the floor is the radiator core support was dinged somewhere in its life and I think I can dolly that straight. 

IMG_1391.JPG

• Like 1

Tough call . Since it's not a numbers matching car( no engine tag), not sure if color will make or break value. It is one of my least favorite colors , but it works well with original trim. Like to do something different and have lots of time to think about it.

Really like to do a black Z with white interior - but don't see any to compare . Or even crazier red interior . Just happy the car is so solid . 

Since i am likely not to keep it , I should go a stock configuration . Wish I could solicit a buyer first and build to their specs !

Black is a hard color to do because the metal work has to be spot on. Black with red interior could be cool, I can't image white will stay pristine for long. If you're gonna sell it, a factory color combination is probably the wisest