IGNORED

Engine Parts Colors and Finish

KenFirch

While putting together my motor I'm trying to use the original factory finish for engine parts and fasteners.  The following thread is great and covers most everything, but doesn't include all the bolts and plating types. 

For instance, what color is the timing marker?  Has this info been consolidated somewhere?   Pictures help, but nothing beats a list.

Also, for the natural aluminum finish, what are folks using to preserve it?  Or maybe nothing?

Thanks, Ken

IMG_3446.JPG

I bead blasted all the aluminum on mine then soaked it with a high heat clear satin for aluminum I bought from Eastwood. Diamond something? I can't remember now but I still have some left. It's like water and soaks into the parts. Google something like "high heat clear aluminum protector"? I remember there were others besides Eastwood but that stuff is working fine for me. I just put on a coat a day until it quit soaking in. You don't want a build up like paint or it'll turn yellowish, just a good saturation and it'll have the nice clean aluminum look but not stain like raw aluminium will.