IGNORED

Front brake lines too short?

sdyck

I bought new centric front brake lines for my '72 240Z and they appear too short.  At full lock they are under A bit of strain.

they are just a little over 10" or 26cm. The old ones are a little over 11".  Is there a brand that fits better? 

Does the picture below look un usual at full lock ?

Thanks SteveIMG_0342.JPG

Looks strained to me.  Is that with car on the ground or hanging in the air.  Car on ground will be different, might be okay.

I browsed around Rockauto and they show 10.3" as front length for 1972, Sunsong brand.  But 12.12 for 1976 (280Z), Raybestos brand.  Raybestos front for 1972 was 10.19" though.  So your length looks right for the year but you could add 2 inches by switching to a 280Z hose.

Here's a thought -  maybe the wheel is hanging lower than normal.  The insulator could be busted or the shock might have abnormal travel.

Take a picture of the wheel hanging from distance so we can see the gap.  Or maybe some members have an idea of if that hose mount on the strut looks low or not.

This picture was taken with the wheel all the way left. Great thought on the height. This is the last step in my suspension rebuild. The length is the same as all the ones I've seen listed on line so when I drop it down I bet it's fine.

thanks!