IGNORED

MARRS #6 at Summit Point, WV

cbuczesk

We have a nice group of 7 Z cars racing this weekend at Summit Point. I re-rebuilt (yes, twice now) my race engine and it seems really strong this time. Jeff Lucas has won every race at Summit Point since at least the beginning of last season. Mark Gibson took care of a cracked head and should be contending for the win along Jim Cummings. Jim Slechta in the 300ZX is also very strong. John Legg has a strong engine in his 240Z and still sorting out the car since getting it back on track. If I can't battle Jeff for the win I hope I'm fighting for second place. If anyone wants to stop by John, Jeff and I are in the paddock area inside of turn 10.

Chuck

0 Placeholder Avatar Buczeskie, Chuck ITS png 1972 Datsun 240Z Carlisle Events/Bucsexy Racing Greencastle, PA
03 Placeholder Avatar Cummings, Jim ITS blank_16.9.gif 1977 Datsun 280Z   Silver Spring, MD
7 Placeholder Avatar DeHaven, Chuck ITS blank_16.9.gif 1989 BMW 325is   Winchester, VA
91 Placeholder Avatar Fitzgerald, Dave ITS png 1987 BMW 325is Business Engineering Inc. Alexandria, VA
30 Avatar Image Geidl, Matthew ITS png 1989 Mazda RX-7 RpPerformance Leesburg, VA
13 Placeholder Avatar Gibson, Mark ITS blank_16.9.gif 1972 Datsun 240 z Banzai motorworks Fairfax, VA
17 Avatar Image Johnston, Mark A. ITS blank_16.9.gif 1992 Nissan 240sx AFLAC Hedgesville, WV
61 Placeholder Avatar Legg, John ITS blank_16.9.gif 1972 Datsun 240Z Motorsport Auto Woodbine, MD
00 Placeholder Avatar Lucas, Jeffrey ITS blank_16.9.gif 1973 Datsun 240Z Motorsport Auto Myrtle Beach, SC
5 Placeholder Avatar Maciejowski, Marek ITS blank_16.9.gif 2000 Mazda Miata   Vienna, VA
2 Placeholder Avatar Romeus, Wids ITS blank_16.9.gif 1972 Datsun 240Z Arawak Motorsports; Apex Auto Bowie, MD
141 Placeholder Avatar Slechta, James ITS blank_16.9.gif 1984 Nissan 300zx Fidelity Power Systems Manchester, MD
97 Placeholder Avatar Struble, Bert ITS blank_16.9.gif 1986 Mazda RX-7 Bucket List Racing Brookhaven, PA
  • Like 2

Jim Slechta in the 300ZX was fast as usual. He was 4th. The results were: 280Z, 240SX, 240Z (started 19th overall), 300zx, RX-7, 325iS, 240Z, 240Z. Jeff Lucas in a 73 240Z probably would have won again if the stub axle hadn't failed. We're all friends and everyone knows who the big dogs are. The Labor Day Double Points race brings out more cars and a couple more very fast cars to battle including another RX-7 and an Integra. We race again on July 29-30.

Chuck

res.JPG

• Like 1

I was going to ask for a lap time sheet but you likely were reading my mind.

Did the Jefferson 500 with VRG back in May and had a ball.

First time there and started out doing 1:32s and got it down to a 1:30.0 by Sunday on tires that should have been retired in April.

A 1:28 should be in my reach with better tires and after that it's more track time.

What classification are the Zs running (ITS, EP)?

Thanks for sharing the pics and info. Enjoy yourself.

I'm off to do the Schenley Park vintage event this coming weekend.