IGNORED

different stock brake discs?

I'm back again.

Having the remains of three 240s available to build one really nice one (that's the plan) has its benefits, but is not without its challenges.

A brand new, and apparently stock pair of front discs came with one of the cars / wrecks.  I installed them, but then found I couldn't fit the aftermarket mag wheels on.  I started poking around the other parts on hand and found that I had two different "hat" sizes available (see photo).  On both types of discs, the diameter is 27 cm (10 5/8").  The hats however are different, with the new ones being 4 cm ( 1 9/16") deep, while the others (off which car?) are just 3 cm (1 1/4").  

Does anyone know which discs should be on a 1971 Series 2 (sr. # 28726)?

Thanks,

ps I chose the backdrop for the photo to ease the guilty conscience of others on this forum who may be feeling that they are the only garagehounds who neglect to regularly mow their lawns.  

DSCN1220.JPG

I think one is 240Z and the other 280Z. You need to match the rotor with hub so everything lines up. In other words you can put a 240Z hub/rotor on a 280Z and vice versa. Calipers are the same.

Chuck

• Like 1

Zed,

Thanks for the tip.  

Actually I have a shed full of all sorts of misc. parts.  I've promised myself not to sell any of them until the car is on the road, because I just know that the first part I sell will two weeks later be needed to complete the job.