IGNORED

Door Panel Cover Adhesive

mentalite

I'm simply trying to re-attach about 10" of the bottom edge of my cover which has come loose from the back and hangs down.

I haven't found a consensus on the best adhesive to use on the vinyl panel cover.  The current discussion on headliner adhesive is interesting and it seems like the 3M stuff would work.  I've tried a generic contact cement which didn't work and a general glue that my wife uses for crafty type things.  I'm trying to be careful because I don't want something too powerful where removal would destroy the hardboard on some future day when the cover needs replaced.

It'd also be nice to not need to buy a tub of the stuff when I'm only dealing with a small section.

Thanks for your input.

I'd use 3M 90 spray adhesive. There's no real stress on the cover and that adhesive will hold up to heat okay, so you should get at least a few years out of it before you might need to re-glue it.

I'm using Weldwood HHR on my door panels. It's the stuff I used on the headliner and other pieces and is specifically designed for applications of that sort, but only comes in gallon sizes.