IGNORED

Photobucket Rant - They SUCK

I'm not sure I was completely clear before as to why I question the business practices at play here.

Here's a snippet from any photobucket pic that I have uploaded. On this pic you can see the easy to use short cut buttons they provide. You simply click on the type of address you want, and it's loaded onto your clipboard, ready to paste into the forum of blog of your choice.

They tell you on that same page "SHARE THIS PHOTO", and provide you the means to easily do so. They have been ENCOURAGING THE SHARING OF THE PHOTOS FOR YEARS!!!!!  And now, once you are mired in so deep that it would be a huge pain to change course, they change their policy and hold your links hostage to the tune of $400 per year!!
pb3.jpg

I'm not happy.  :angry2:

Photobucket has gone downhill lately.  I was recently browsing pictures on their site and there were WAAAYY to many ads.  It was frustrating so I just closed the website.

Guys, picture hosting on our club is FREE for members.  You have your own albums and I back up this site every night.  Take a look at our photos area, you'll be very pleased with the way it works.  My favorite is the way you can drag and drop multiple pictures into a gallery without compressing, or resizing, the images.

I can host images at no cost because we own the server and do not pay overages for storage or bandwidth.  Most other sites have gone to a pay system because they are hosting their servers on the cloud.  Cloud servers are convenient, but, cost too much money in the long run.  I also do this for a living, which is why I know how to make it work.

• Like 4

Sweaty, I know it's not the end of the world, and I'm actually less connected to this kind of stuff than many (most?) people are these days. Just bugs me that they lured me into putting all my eggs in that basket and then after I was hooked, they started charging an unreasonable amount of money.

I was out in the Z yesterday, and the old song "The Pusher" done by Steppenwolf came on the radio. Made me think of Photobucket!

Mike, I know I could put all my photos here, but not all of them are Z related. I do put some here though, if they are specific to this forum. Doesn't seem right though to put pics here and then link to them from a different Z forum. I know it's OK, but it just feels like cheating.  LOL

Gawdammm...  

I was inspired to crank up my ancient 200 disc CD player and search out that old album.  I have the vinyl but no turntable.  I've heard that cassette tapes are making a comeback.

I'll bet there's a play here to sell to one of the big boys.  http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40492668

Edited by Zed Head

23 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Gawdammm...  

I was inspired to crank up my ancient 200 disc CD player and search out that old album.  I have the vinyl but no turntable.  I've heard that cassette tapes are making a comeback.

I'll bet there's a play here to sell to one of the big boys.  http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40492668

Okay you said it now I can.  "Gawdamn the pusher man".

:beer:

Edited by siteunseen

2 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

YouTube will be next.

Boy I sure hope not! That's my favorite thing on the dead internet. So many moments captured and shared. I've been watching Don Rickels and Henny Youngman. Big Momma Thorton when Buddy Guy was her guitarists,  YOU AIN'T NUTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG gives me chill bumps. That woman can sing!