IGNORED

ZCON Drive

Mike W

To all of you that are planning to attend ZCON in Austin this year, I am strongly considering putting together a local drive and would like to get some idea as to how many people / cars might be interested in joining in on this.

The drive I am considering is one that I've led numerous times as part of our local club events and it seems like the best day to do this would be on Thursday.  The drive is not super long, only about 80 miles or so to the destination and then about the same distance back to the hotel.  The destination is a local steak restaurant call Murphys in a really small town called Winchester.  There are some great driving roads getting out there and some really good Texas beef once you arrive.

I would plan this so that we would arrive at the restaurant in time for lunch and be back at the hotel by mid afternoon so there would still be plenty of time to get ready for the InvaZion event later that evening.

Please ping me back, either as a response to this post or a PM to let me know if you are interested in joining.  Once I have a better idea of the number of interested parties, I will report back with more specific plans.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days!!!

Mike.

Count S30Driver and me in Mike!

I'm certain it will be a really good time!

Hopefully it won't turn in to the Lone Star version of the Branson ZFest "East Africa Safari Run"!!!   :tapemouth:

Zup,

Fortunately I know the roads around Austin a little better than I do the ones around Branson, so very little risk that we will be on another African Safari!!

How's the Flat Top project coming along??

Mike.

5 minutes ago, ZMac said:

Hey Mike, I'm all in!  I'll be in the Scarab, but I'll do my best to keep up...

We've got to get to your upholstery guy sometime next week, ok?

WOW - your inaugural post!!!  Welcome aboard, Scott.  See you next week.

Mike - it looks like we'll be playing tourist at the LBJ museum on Thursday and will miss this bit of fun.

Jim