IGNORED

280Z price check

ZGuy733

Hey all, I have been out of the Z market for a while and am just thinking of buying another. However, I have no idea what is a fair price anymore. I went to see the below 280Z and it has no real rust, good floors and frame rails. Engine runs well. No rust in hatch. AC works.

Negatives are that the paint has a lot of surface scratches, passenger door sometimes closes and sometimes not, gas gauge not working, front seats are shredded.

He's asking $13,500 but I think I could get it for $11,000.

Any idea what a reasonable ball park price would be?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/ottawa/1978-datsun-z-series-280z-coupe-2-door/1265167630?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Thanks

Chris

So that translates to a 10K us car.  No rust is a huge plus and I would check out every inch to be sure. If that is the case, I would consider it. It sounds to be in pretty fair condition but It really depends on how much you will put into it later.  New seats, foam and carpet is about 1K plus whatever else is needed in there like headliner, visors, dash condition, console, etc. etc.  Paint is directly related to how deep your pockets are. For that amount I would think the engine and engine bay should be clean.  My two cents given.

• Like 1

A good price for a driver. Looks clean. Not like there are many choices up here for clean Z's so I would say $11,000 is a good price. Not great. $13,500 is a high price for unrestored. I'm into mine for about $13,000 at this point and it's still on a rotisserie....

Also looking at this one but it's 6 hours away. As was said we don't get a lot of choice up here. Owner says body, floors and frame rails are all excellent. Have to find out if it's driveable. Interior needs some TLC. I could probably get this for around 8k. Not sure if I want a 2+2 though.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/owen-sound/datsun-280z-1975/1266156015?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true#

image9.jpegimage8.jpegimage7.jpegimage6.jpegimage5.jpegimage4.jpegimage3.jpegimage2.jpegimage1.jpeg

Sent from my SM-T580 using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Is kijiji a Canadian word?  Don't y'all have craigslist up there?  Spring and summer are a good time to be looking.  People clean out their garage and realize that it's time to keep that space open.

6 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Is kijiji a Canadian word?  Don't y'all have craigslist up there?  Spring and summer are a good time to be looking.  People clean out their garage and realize that it's time to keep that space open.

We do have craigs but kijiji does it better and has the biggest market share so more selection.