IGNORED

Did I Just get ZONCed?

Polecat

So I wanted to join ZONC.org.

Went to the web page, got a membership, sent $30 via PAYPAL and it only wanted the year of my car and the month of my birthday. I thought Hmm, Thats different! Maybe they will finish the registration later on...

NO!

Did I just get screwed?

Polecat

I expected to get asked to create a login name and password. That did not happen. When it went directly to my PayPal account and they possessed the $30 to the site, then I was hoping for the Make Name And Login request. That did not happen. I checked with Paypal and I got charged $30 to ZONC.org. and this all happened in about 3 minutes. So what am I to expect now? I am about to go to my bank and say "HEY! this is what happen so go after them!"

Polecat

One of the big problems with our automated world is that we forget where those automations came from - people.  Why don't you send a message to a people and see what they say?  Probably better than pissing a people off, as your first "new member" action, I'd guess

Although, it looks like they might still use paper mail.  People writing on paper, inserting in envelopes, applying stamps and waiting.  Bizarre.  You'll probably get your info in the mail.

http://www.zonc.org/  Bottom of the page.  There's also Facebook, and Twitter, and various other electronic alternatives.

"ZONC PO Box #184 21001 San Ramon Valley Blvd. Suite A4 San Ramon, CA 94583"

1. When you used Paypal, you gave them your name, address and email address.

2. If you were expecting an account to be set up, I don't think that would happen immediately. ZONC isn't a business. It's people volunteering their time to create a car club.

3. They have names, email addresses, and phone numbers on their website for the club officers. Why not try contacting them?

1 hour ago, SteveJ said:

1. When you used Paypal, you gave them your name, address and email address.

2. If you were expecting an account to be set up, I don't think that would happen immediately. ZONC isn't a business. It's people volunteering their time to create a car club.

3. They have names, email addresses, and phone numbers on their website for the club officers. Why not try contacting them?

and then if you get no satisfaction you can file a claim with paypal and they will freeze the transaction.