IGNORED

WIW: 1972 240Z ITS race car

cbuczesk

I picked up this car recently and a friend is interested in buying it. My gf thinks that I should sell it since I have a couple, we'll a few, OK several projects in the garage. There's no engine or trans. It has all the usual SCCA ITS stuff: coil overs, tokicos, big sway bars, strut bar, adj TC rods, Sunpro gauges, adj brake bias, fuel cell, Holley electric pump, full cage, etc. I also have SCCA logbooks and a title. There's very little rust. There are no cracks in the dash. I'm not sure what I want to do with it but thought that I'd get some opinions on value.

Chuck

IMAG0809.jpg

IMAG0810.jpg

IMAG0813.jpg

IMAG0815.jpg

IMAG0819.jpg

IMAG0816.jpg

• Like 1

Does anybody have an opinion on value? Or an opinion on what I should do with the car? I have an ITS Z but it might be nice to have a spare in case someone wrecks me again. It would also make a nice auto-x car. I could remove the cage and make it a street car again. I'm leaning toward making it a rally-x car. Has anyone here built a rally-x car?

I'll get it cleaned up this weekend and take better pics.

Chuck

I'm assuming it has to be worth a minimum of $2K as just a stock shell with little rust.  Lots of stuff missing to make a daily driver.

The cage looks like it has been hacked and would likely need to be reworked to be certified legal again for ITS.  The... (SCCA ITS stuff: coil overs, tokicos, big sway bars, strut bar, adj TC rods, Sunpro gauges, adj brake bias, fuel cell, Holley electric pump) parts used may not have all that much value, but would be a good start for someone wanting to get started in ITS. 

As it sits, I don't see why you can't ask $4K.  It's a very niche market in my mind.

The PO cut out the door bar to make ingress/egress easier. Ugh. I would probably go with NASCAR bars on the left side and hollow out the door.

The ITS parts don't have a lot of value as used parts but to buy them and build an ITS car costs a small fortune and takes a lot of time.

I'm looking forward to cleaning it up and going over everything this weekend. I'll get some pics of the dash too.

Chuck