IGNORED

1969 & up 240Z seat belt tags - Reproduction

240Ziggy

I thought silk material when I did my reproduction effort many years ago.  But it isn't silk.  The thread size is much thicker, the weave is much more course, but the fiber size IS very similar to silk.

Also want to tip my hat to Snake Oyl seat belt restoration.  Yea expensive but very good quality and easy to work with.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 240Ziggy said:

ok AZ. I will add yours, but please confirm and post a photo of your tag, i'm not sure if your 1/71 is the same style as the '70 still. My '72 has a 12/71 stamped on it and has a "Y" on the side. Notes on the 1970 and 1971 has a letter code on the right edge, see photos. I have no idea what they meant.

240260280 - I'll add yours too when you confirm the month.

1971 seatbelt tag.jpg

1970 seatbelt tag.jpg

Ziggy, here is a photo of a 1971 tag, but the month stamp is no longer visible.  But, this would confirm that a 1/1971 tag would be the same format as the ones you are making.IMG_0054 (1).JPG

• 240Ziggy changed the title to 1969 & up 240Z seat belt tags - Reproduction
9 hours ago, 240Ziggy said:

ok AZ. I will add yours, but please confirm and post a photo of your tag, i'm not sure if your 1/71 is the same style as the '70 still. My '72 has a 12/71 stamped on it and has a "Y" on the side. Notes on the 1970 and 1971 has a letter code on the right edge, see photos. I have no idea what they meant.

240260280 - I'll add yours too when you confirm the month.

1971 seatbelt tag.jpg

1970 seatbelt tag.jpg

I don't know about the Y or D on the side, but for the late 1971 and up it looks like the Lot No is a manufacturing date code of DDMM.  Your 0512 would have been made on December 05, 1971.  Jerry's 0503 would have been made on March 05, 1972.   My 2504 would have been made on April 25, 1972 (it's a May 1972 production car).

DSCN4013.JPG

DSCN4014.JPG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 240Ziggy said:

Thanks for your photo AZ. Now I learned yours still have the first version, just changed the build date and I also revised my topic title.

Thanks for doing this, Ziggy, but I have a question that you, or someone here may help me with.  I believe my 

car had 6 tags in total, one on each lap belt, and a third on each shoulder harness.  Mike Bs'  picture above

also shows a shoulder harness tag.  

Your offer is for a "set" of 4 tags, but didn't all 240zs come with 6?  

That being said, could you do 6 tags for me and I will gladly pay the pricing that you have established?

I am also torn between using a date code of "12-1970" for my 1/71 production car instead of

"1-1971" as it was said to have been made in the first half of January.  Since I don't have the

original tags on my car to confirm the actual date, any thoughts, anyone?

Dan

Edited by AZ-240z
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, AZ-240z said:

Thanks for doing this, Ziggy, but I have a question that you, or someone here may help me with.  I believe my 

car had 6 tags in total, one on each lap belt, and a third on each shoulder harness.  Mike Bs'  picture above

also shows a shoulder harness tag.  

Your offer is for a "set" of 4 tags, but didn't all 240zs come with 6?  

That being said, could you do 6 tags for me and I will gladly pay the pricing that you have established?

I am also torn between using a date code of "12-1970" for my 1/71 production car instead of

"1-1971" as it was said to have been made in the first half of January.  Since I don't have the

original tags on my car to confirm the actual date, any thoughts, anyone?

Dan

Dan, I think you are right that there should be six tags.  I'll have to check my #32 car to see if that is the case for early cars too, but I think it is.  Regarding the seat belt date, I would say 12/70 would probably be correct for a 1/71 production car.  The components were typically built a month or two before the production date of the car itself and I don't think I've see a set of seat belt tags with a date that is the same month as the car was built.

-Mike

6 minutes ago, Mike B said:

Dan, I think you are right that there should be six tags.  I'll have to check my #32 car to see if that is the case for early cars too, but I think it is.  Regarding the seat belt date, I would say 12/70 would probably be correct for a 1/71 production car.  The components were typically built a month or two before the production date of the car itself and I don't think I've see a set of seat belt tags with a date that is the same month as the car was built.

-Mike

Mike, that is exactly my reasoning for asking the date code question, so thanks for your thoughts.

I seem to remember earlier date code discussions used the same reasoning, and even two month

before car production dates would not be considered unreasonable for parts codes.

Dan

5 hours ago, 240Ziggy said:

Thanks for your photo AZ. Now I learned yours still have the first version, just changed the build date and I also revised my topic title.

Ziggy, after some soul searching, and inputs from Mike B, could you change my tag order for a total of 6, and 

make the date code 12 - 1970?  Thanks, and let me know if that works for you.

Dan

I thought there were only 4 tags. Well, I took a closer look at the set i'm restoring and I see the original stitching from the tags has come or torned off from the webbing. I will do the 12/70 for you AZ. As far as pricing, I will reduce the extra from $30 to $25. Total 6 tags will be $150 for the set.

12:69 belt tags.jpg