IGNORED

Easy to make stock electric antenna manual?

Stanley

The radio antenna quit working last month. I'm getting a new radio as soon as I have time and they'll put a new antenna that works with the radio. So don't  want to spend time and money to fix the stock one. Just want to be able to pull it up and push it down by hand for now. Seems  like it should be easy but maybe not, so asking since it's not so easy removing and reinstalling that interior plastic panel. It's stuck in the down position, don't want to force it and break something.

Edited by Stanley

Mine had a screw on "flexible black" antenna when I bought it.  I swiftly removed it, as I do with all of my cars.  I think antennas ruin the aesthetics.  I covered the "base" with a small vacuum tube cap.  Never had trouble with reception in the city.  Also, if you use an mp3 player with the proper wiring (not the Fm transmitter, where you have to select a station) that plugs into your "Aux", you don't need an antenna.  FYIi