IGNORED

240Z in Malaysia

Trex

Greetings from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Checking if there are any 240Z enthusiast in my part of the world.

I have a red 240Z with a triple weber setup, stage 2 Cams and a ported and polished head done by Spike from Samuri conversions, UK. Janspeed exhaust and wolfrace wheels.

Hoping to hear from any 240Z owners out in this part of the world.

Hi there Trex,

It is great to hear from another 240Z fan here in Malaysia. For the 4 months I have been here (in KL and JB), I have been actively keeping a look out for a 240Z, but have yet to come across any.

During my infrequent short trips home (Australia), I make it a point of spending at least a full day touring and enjoying the drive in my 240Z, before it goes back under wraps in the garage.

I would be interested to hear from you about the "local" 240Z scene.

Cheers

Dazza

Hi Dazza

Well there is only a handful of 240Z's in KL. Most of which are kept under covers. As such there is not really a "local" 240z scene. Most of these owners have poured good money into their 240z's. They are not daily runners with the exception of one or two I know.

Tried to get my 240z into the classic and vintage car club in Malaysia but was put off by their anti-japanese snobery. You know unless you have a Jag or an MG its not a classic car ... a very sad and narrow minded lot.

Never mind to each his own.

Hi Trex and welcome!

Sounds like you have a nice car - why not post some pictures in the gallery when you get a moment?

If your local classic car show does not let a Japanese car get in, then I say it's not worth trying to put your car in it. That's truly dispicable!

Maybe they wont let the Datsun in because the MG drivers would all cry and go home !?!?! ROFL ROFL ROFL

Trex,

Hi I find it very interesting that you have Zeds in KL, but only a very small group. Did your Zeds enter Malaysia via personal import, or did nissan deliver them in KL. Do you have any idea of the age of the Zeds in your group, I am aware they are probably all export RH drive HS30 coupes. I would love to hear what the numbers are and the types ie origin / breakup is by production year or anythoing else you can tell about your group would be great to hear.

Cheers

Steve :classic:

Hi guys,

The 240Z's were brought in although not in big numbers like Australia or US after the success of the 510 SSS.There are only about 10 that I know of in existence in KL.

The 1600 SSS were a performance icon back then which paved way for later versions of the 510 ie 610's which were not as succesfull as the 510's. Proud to say that my dad still has the same 1600 SSS which he took delivery of in 1971. One owner after 32 years still in original condition eventhough it goes in yearly for its rust checks and treatment.

All the 240z's sold here were Jap spec export models with the clear indicators under the front bumper and labled " Fairlady Z".

I shall get some pics up after the weekend.

Glad you found us,

Great to hear there are Z's in Malaysia, I had no idea. It would be especially good to also see your Dad's car in your gallery. Both cars sound mighty fine :D :D.

I nearly forgot to say that I'm with Alfa on this, it is dispicable (isnt that Sylvester the cats line?) that they have a snobbery for Jap cars, it also use to be the case (getting better now) in the UK with the Datsun name.

Suffering succotash! A one owner 1600 SSS in Malaysia... well I never...

Some Z's came frmo the factory with clear indicators? Are you sure?

btw: did you know succotash is actually something?!?! It's like a native indian stew!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Trex,

You should respectfully ask your Classic car club what their definition of a classic car is. If its "cars older than 20 years" then they cannot deny you. If its "British and European cars older than 20 years" then you could suggest that they rename their club appropriately... because you are thinking of starting a Classic car club which welcomes all CLASSIC cars.

:classic: