IGNORED

Z Mirror with no Day/Night Toggle?

96321-E4100 was the '69-up interior mirror for the S30-S Fairlady Z 'Std' model and the PS30-SB Fairlady Z432-R model, with no Day/Night adjustment.

Many other Nissan models (especially in Japanese market) had similar style mirrors. What makes them Z specific is the curve of the stalk and the mounting.

• Like 1

I bought this from the US as new in the box , kept it on a shelf a while, then sold it on Yahoo Japan a few years ago.

Most of the Z432-R which I saw do not have this mirror, I think they just lost it at some point. 

It is a quite common story that people were trying to obtain this plain mirror (because of Z432-R) from the local Nissan sometime ago , they ended up receiving mirror with an ugly mounting  stay.

Bravely some people were trying to sell the not original mirror with listing "Z432-R mirror" , they were relying only the fact that they placed an order to Nissan with the collect part number.

I do not know why parts catalog says this mirror is applied "automatic" .

Kats

IMG_5094.JPG

IMG_5091.JPG

IMG_5093.JPG

IMG_5088.JPG

Edited by kats

39 minutes ago, kats said:

Most of the Z432-R which I saw do not have this mirror, I think they just lost it at some point. 

Like many road-going 432-R users, they probably found that it was a nuisance when night driving. In just the same way, quite a few road-driven 432-Rs ended up with gloveboxes, heat/demist controls and centre consoles etc within a few years of being sold. 

• Like 1

The rear view mirror on my 1977 UK 260Z does not have a day/night toggle lever. The owner's manual suggests that this non-toggle type of mirror is fitted with anti-glare glass.

DSC00321 (1).JPG

Rear view mirror (2).jpg

• Like 2

The mirror w/o the glare-proof toggle seems to appear in some of the early 432R racers in Japan in spring of 1970.

They seem wider at the top too which is like the one in the first post.  That crusty grey plastic also seems to agree with the photo below and with other early parts like the ashtray and heater panel.

odd mirror.jpg small early mirror.jpg

1970 09 05 Fuji International Golden Race

1970-fuji-speedway-japan.jpg

1970 07 25 All Japan Fuji 1000km

K033700087-1200x810.jpg

K033710019-1200x803.jpg

Edited by 240260280