Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ZCON Austin Drinking Rule #1

8 posts in this topic

ID: 1   Posted

s-l1600.jpg

2 people like this

ID: 2   Posted

Wait.... I did a little digging, and I thought drinking rule #1 was don't do an Ozzy impression and get drunk and wizz on the Alamo. (Or the statue across the street...)

ID: 3   Posted

Captain - If that happens you have really big problems.  The Alamo is in San Antonio.

2 people like this

ID: 4   Posted

He really had to go.

ID: 5   Posted

Haha!! I know Mike! In my own mind, I expanded the topic to "Things not to do while in Texas at ZCON".

On a related note... I am hoping to take a side trip to San Antonio to see the Alamo. That's why I researched what not to do there...  :)

ID: 6   Posted

San Antonio is a great place to visit.  My wife was born then and hence we spend a fair amount of time in the city area.  They have done a fantastic job on the river walk, which has been greatly expanded in the last few years and so even if you're not into shopping and eating / drinking, it provides some fabulous walks and nature. 

Having said that, the Alamo is rather underwhelming in my opinion.  If you are in the area anyway you probably want to stop and see it, but in my opinion there are a lot better things to do in the city.

Looking forward to seeing you in a month or so.

Mike.

ID: 7   Posted

Yeah, I don't really have an irresistible primal urge to see the Alamo, but figuring I'm going to be so close (compared to where I usually am), it's on the list of things I should do just to be able to say "I saw that."

Really looking forward to seeing you again as well bud!   :beer:

ID: 8   Posted

11 hours ago, Mike W said:

San Antonio is a great place to visit.  My wife was born then and hence we spend a fair amount of time in the city area.  They have done a fantastic job on the river walk, which has been greatly expanded in the last few years and so even if you're not into shopping and eating / drinking, it provides some fabulous walks and nature. 

Having said that, the Alamo is rather underwhelming in my opinion.  If you are in the area anyway you probably want to stop and see it, but in my opinion there are a lot better things to do in the city.

Looking forward to seeing you in a month or so.

Mike.

I agree wholeheartedly. The Alamo is smaller than my detached garage. The River Walk is however spectacular! Restaurants making guacamole table side. You will remember that guacamole your whole life. Alamo? Roughly the size of a two car garage. My shop/garage? 2000sf!

IMG_2131.JPG

3 people like this