IGNORED

1970 240Z on BaT

K-TeeZ

Looks like a clean car.

Low vin and most parts are in good order. Dash cap, radio, and engine are a few obvious parts that are not original.

Seems like a good value. at current $13k.  I would estimate that to be a $20k to $30k car.

Edited by 240260280

I am new to Z cars. I have been learning as much as I can online, which I realize isn't the 'be all end all', but it's a start for me.  I have been toying with buying a new 370Z, but then began looking at the classic Datsun's and really like the lines of the 240's.  I just bought my first classic car last October, (not a Z). I am more interested in enjoying the car, than displaying it. I realize the Auction is coming to a close, so it's possible it won't work out for me.  I have been looking at it, and watching it, though, since it came up for auction on BaT.  I only discovered BaT about a year ago, and check in once in awhile.  I saw the 240 that is advertised on Right Drive, but that is waaaay out of my price range. I am not a mechanic, so I am going to have to rely on other's opinions in that regard. Also, I have no idea how expensive it would be to transport, and of course, all the paperwork.  So. . . I may just have to keep looking. I have been checking out Classic Autotrader, too. I just joined this club, thinking it would be a great way to talk to experts. B) Thanks for your quick responses, already.

That is a great car at a low price to jump on.  

I am in Canada. It is not hard to bring cars back.

Budget $1000 USD to transport it to the border and a couple of hundred (CAD) for brokering (for new vehicle registry thing Obama introduced a few years ago).

The US Govt. (Customs/Border Protection)  need 3 days notice of VIN and your intent to take out of USA. They check for stolen vehicles and maybe liens etc. They do not charge anything.

When you bring into Canada you just have to pay GST + $100CAD  if the car has AC. 

It is not that bad a process.

2 hours ago, K-TeeZ said:

Thanks to all of you for your comments (and encouragement). In the meantime, I do have this beauty to drive. IMG_5953.JPG.

Sent from my iPad using Classic Zcar Club mobile

I'm glad you did post, my Dad had a mid 70s Vette that had the t-top mount on the deck. Cool car, when you add a Z you'll be my hero. LOL