IGNORED

Door Card Skins from Interior Innovations

charliekwin

I'm considering these for my Z: https://www.interior-innovations.com/index.php/welcome/product_detail/187

I ordered the seat covers and shift boot from them and am very happy with the quality, so I assume the door panels would be equally good. The price definitely is. Before ordering, some questions:

1. Has anyone ordered a set and can comment on them?
  2. They're titled as 260Z, but should fit a 280, right? 
  3. I got white stitching on my seat covers. I'm thinking about having matching stitching on the door panels but can't make a decision on what to do. (Maybe just around in the center panel and not on the diagonal slats?) This one's a matter of taste, but I'd welcome the input!

Looks like they are skins for your existing panels.   They look unfinished ... you have to punch the holes for the window winder, handles, lock pull etc.   Therefore they should fit any of the S30 coupe cars.      I would email them to verify prior to ordering.

It's not as simple as saying "Fits 280's". The 77-78 doors are significantly different than anything prior, and I believe that affects the door cards as well.

If there are no holes or other features punched, it might not matter, but there might be other issues.

Edited by Captain Obvious

I think the difference between 74-76 and 77-78 is the lock location and the texture of the vinyl. The 77-78 vinyl is smoother. If there are no holes then the skins should fit 70-78. I just clicked the link at the top. They look different from the originals from all years. It's more of a custom look than OE replacement.

Chuck

I don't have any particular affection for the stock door cards, so getting an original (or quite close to it) replacement isn't a concern for me personally, though that obvious won't go for everyone. Hopefully the arm rests won't look conspicuously out of place.

32 minutes ago, charliekwin said:

I don't have any particular affection for the stock door cards, so getting an original (or quite close to it) replacement isn't a concern for me personally, though that obvious won't go for everyone. Hopefully the arm rests won't look conspicuously out of place.

Don't forget the dog legs just behind the door openings. They should match the door panels. From what I can tell they'll be close enough. :-)

Chuck