IGNORED

1976 280z Can anyone sell me a Thermostat Housing

SeKcGamer

I was changing the whole cooling system with my dad and in order to take off the thermostat we have to take the top part off, we got one bolt off and the last one broke on the top. As we used a bolt remover (drill Bit & Drill) we got I off but we were left with the bolt still in the other half. So we did the same on that half of it. And when my dad was trying to re-thread It, it expanded and got busted. So as we tried to take off the entire housing we got the first bolt closest to the sensors and that came out fine, the last one snapped and now it's just there still. I guess I'm going to have to buy a better one since this one I pretty beat up now.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Classic Zcar Club mobile

You can try zcarsource.com.  Sometimes they are out of stock but show available on their web-page, but worth a call for sure.  Finding one at a junkyard would be nice too.
http://www.zcarsource.com/thermostat-housing-top-240z-260z-280z_8_77847.html

Ive tried all the z stores online and no one has them, even eBay. I asked my local z junkyard and he told me he doesn't sell to the public anymore so, I'm stuck again.

Sent from my iPad using Classic Zcar Club mobile

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Msa's out of stock, unavailable.  

Don't hold your breathe waiting on me but I was going to hit my junkyard and get some small stuff, those thermostat parts too but mainly the engine bay inspection lights.

I'll let you know after I go, maybe this week?

You and me be the junkyard dawgs! :beer: 

I've been working some S30's and S130's at a local yard.  Several Z31's there also but they're a bit beyond my knowledge set as to what is good to pick and refurbish.

• Like 1

Msa's out of stock, unavailable.  
Don't hold your breathe waiting on me but I was going to hit my junkyard and get some small stuff, those thermostat parts too but mainly the engine bay inspection lights.
I'll let you know after I go, maybe this week?

Alright man thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Classic Zcar Club mobile

I rescind the ebay link,  My mistake only because it is from California Datsun, I wasn't paying attention to the seller.  Many people have a very strong opinion about doing business there.  Personally, I've never bought from that guy but I heard from a few that have.

Keep looking though, they're out there.

• Like 1

Don't forget Maximas and 810s.  And probably 510s and other 4 cylinder L series engines.  And the diesels (LD's) maybe.

Edit - example - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Thermostat-Housing-Upper-Lower-W-Sensors-N47-L24E-Straight-6-Maxima-/262930634787?hash=item3d37e31823:g:ir4AAOSw3utY6s8Y&vxp=mtr

Get the top and bottom together.  Also, are you deleting any switches?  Like the phased pickup switch?  One less thing to worry about.  Might be able to use a ZX housing.

Here's the link with the search term - http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?&_from=R40&_trksid=p2386202.m570.l1311.R1.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xdatsun thermostat.TRS0&_nkw=datsun thermostat housing

Edited by Zed Head