IGNORED

[SOLD] 240z 2400 valve cover

2fourtyzee

It's rare that I enjoy a rarely disputed discussion of rarity.  I didn't even know that there is an ABS valve cover.  What car did that come on?  So, are those scratches in the logo?  $2,000 for a scratched (irreparable) valve cover?  Or are those scratches even rarer that the rare rarity?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 26th-Z said:

It's rare that I enjoy a rarely disputed discussion of rarity.  I didn't even know that there is an ABS valve cover.  What car did that come on?  So, are those scratches in the logo?  $2,000 for a scratched (irreparable) valve cover?  Or are those scratches even rarer that the rare rarity?

I believe the plastic cover was from a late model L28 (perhaps Nissan Laurel in Japan), yes it has scratches. Yes it's ugly, and no it's not worth $2,000 USD - at least not to me. For some reason they are popular in Japan and tend to fetch $600-$700 AUD in better shape than that 1.

But I can't bring myself to like them, 1 of the things I like most about the L-GATA motors is that big alloy valve cover.

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 0:29 AM, Gav240z said:

There's only 1 Rally Clock listed :P

I think at $200 a pop, they are rare as nobody thinks they are worth selling. But at $600 USD a pop everyone is willing to sell.. So no, not that rare when the price is that high.

I've just bought one at 297$

7 hours ago, Gav240z said:

2400 OHC covers and their values over the last 2 months on eBay. :D

Yes I was bored..

Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 7.58.15 PM.png

Gav, you will need to update the last two entries once they end. I do believe that having more than one listed at a time hurts the auction, but I am happy with the opening bid on mine. It is what I have offered it to members for recently. The current bidder is from the Netherlands. JLP

2 hours ago, SteveJ said:

Yeah, but can you ship a valve cover to the Netherlands for $15.45?

Read, the ad. I will not ship to the Netherlands for $15.45. It will ship at actual shipping cost with insurance. The shipping calculator on ebay is not accurate or user friendly and I always spell out the shipping on items in the ad. 

Just a heads up. Greyhound Package Express is a lot cheaper than UPS or FEDEX. One does have to deliver and pick up from the bus station but it's well worth it. Example, rear hatch glass, Portland to Denver, $63.00 and a very clean tank that shall remain unidentified, Portland to New York, about the same price.

• Like 1