IGNORED

[SOLD] 240z 2400 valve cover

2fourtyzee

14 hours ago, SledZ said:

apparently... someone delete this topic because it's evidently not for sale in our classified section and wasn't planned to be...

I didn't post it with the intention of being a smart arse, but I know when I say to a group that I'm offering an item somewhere first I usually give folks a couple of days to respond and if no response then I list on eBay or another place etc..

eBay just inflates prices (for potential buyers) and reduces profit (for seller). That's why I personally try to avoid it where possible.

Would have been nice to list an asking price also.

/Off soap box now.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Gav240z said:

I didn't post it with the intention of being a smart arse, but I know when I say to a group that I'm offering an item somewhere first I usually give folks a couple of days to respond and if no response then I list on eBay or another place etc..

eBay just inflates prices (for potential buyers) and reduces profit (for seller). That's why I personally try to avoid it where possible.

Would have been nice to list an asking price also.

/Off soap box now.

Everyone is interested UNTIL they hear a price.. this is all too common. 

Everyone wants to buy cheap and sell high, you would do the same. Putting an item such as this at auction eliminates the cheap skates and attracts collectors, you have to pay to play specially when it comes to early Z cars/parts. There is a reserve, if it isnt met that is ok. There is someone out there who needs it. 

5 hours ago, 2fourtyzee said:

Everyone is interested UNTIL they hear a price.. this is all too common. 

Everyone wants to buy cheap and sell high, you would do the same. Putting an item such as this at auction eliminates the cheap skates and attracts collectors, you have to pay to play specially when it comes to early Z cars/parts. There is a reserve, if it isnt met that is ok. There is someone out there who needs it. 

You are correct. I have two of these and have offered them on the site to avoid ebay, but when a price is mentioned crickets......thus ebay. Yours is currently about what I have priced mine at with 5 days left to go. I sale part of my stash of parts to finance new projects on the car so every cent counts. My most recent project, MK63 front calipers with vented disc has become very expensive thus my offer to sell my 2400 valve covers. Good Luck with you sale. 

Edited by JLPurcell