IGNORED

New 77 280z owner in Florida

Finalizing purchase on a new old Pacific Blue 280z 5-speed.  Have known this specific car for 30 years - my best friend's dad owned and he recently passed.  He was an Air Force F4E pilot and was meticulous, but car was driven infrequently.  None of the family are car guys or want it, but want keep "in the family".  Funny flew up to Sun N Fun air show with my buddy and his brother law (he and the sister have Z now)  and were reminiscing...asked what happened to car and he said "you want it?"  I've always loved that car...and a More than a fair price, no rust (that I or they know of), runner with a new clutch, new door cards and white interior that was new at one point ;).  Couldn't say no - and this Christmas I just put in a new car lift.  Now I have my 2005  s2000 and this will join my garage.  Scratching that classic car itch - last one I had was 71 MGB and looking forward to another one.  Won't really know what I have to address until I tear into it.  Will post pictures this weekend.

Can anyone recommend a good door to door auto transport company to get this from NE Texas to Florida?  Great to join the Zcar family:beer:

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.  I had a friend with #307 Pacific Blue, white interior too.  That'll be nice in the hot Florida sun.

Bookmark this page, it has been the biggest help to me and many others with a '77 280.  He did all kinds of stuff to his '77 and took the time to photograph everything and detail the work in a way anybody can understand, even a simple minded person like me.

http://atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/

9 hours ago, FlyingScot said:

Boca Raton, bit South of you.  Think I may have found my transport now too.  Funny thing is, the shipper has an 82 280zx with 35K Miles.  Small world.

if you want to drive up to central FL: after you get it, let us know, JSM and I are both on the west side, we can have a mini run out to sugar loaf mountain.

3 hours ago, Dave WM said:

if you want to drive up to central FL: after you get it, let us know, JSM and I are both on the west side, we can have a mini run out to sugar loaf mountain.

Sugar Loaf hill, LOL!  I need to get insurance one of these days.

Just saw your Boca Raton thread - misses by just a few weeks. Did not know I'd be a Z owner until last weekend - found a shipper with the current owners help and have it setup to ship over the week of April 24th.

There are some nice places to go here and a calm ride down A1A is nice - just not when Donald is in Mar a Lago. Friend of ours does the Concours de Elegance every year I told him he needs to get some classic Z in the golf course.

Now creating my action plan on this - suspension and brakes, engine bay and engine / FI, bumpers will get 240Z treatment, Has the yellowed plastic that will need to go. Going with 16x7 Rota or Koenig ... either black or hyper black. Assuming I don't find bad rust gremlins. Targeting August / Fall to get in road in stage 1 condition...not my first rodeo and I know you never can leave the car alone ;). Pretty excited

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile