IGNORED

Engine Bay Service Light Switch

jfa.series1

3 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Those switches look relatively generic. Maybe there's a new switch you could use instead?

Paint the visible parts of the switch like the toggle white to mimic the original plastic? (Or whatever color they used to be before they were bleached over time  :) )

Yep, as close as Fry's or the Shack (still open).  Just trying to locate OE before I bail out for generic.  Good tip on the paint.  Looks like a Jim will be able to come through.

6 hours ago, jfa.series1 said:

Yep, as close as Fry's or the Shack (still open).  Just trying to locate OE before I bail out for generic.  Good tip on the paint.  Looks like a Jim will be able to come through.

Right. I knew that. I was thinking "get it working" and not "concourse restoration". I should've considered the source....   :beer:

11 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Right. I knew that. I was thinking "get it working" and not "concourse restoration". I should've considered the source....   :beer:

It probably won't be concours but I'll try to make it as nice as possible.  Got one coming from @Terrapin Z, gotta luv that unique PNW Patina!

9 hours ago, jfa.series1 said:

Got one coming from @Terrapin Z, gotta luv that unique PNW Patina!

That piece came from the early 260 I found on Vashon Island. Surrounded by salt water and buried in the bushes. 

It takes years to establish a fine patina like that. 

The part is in the mail.