IGNORED

wiring path of fasten seat belt light on 1972 240z

jalexquijano

I have found two female sockets underneath the carpet that is under both left and right seats on my 240z! I want to connect the Fasten Seat Belt light so it shows up as it did when the car came out of the Factory to keep the stock look. anyone here has pictures of what to connect to power it back again?

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 3:41 PM, jalexquijano said:

I have found two female sockets underneath the carpet that is under both left and right seats on my 240z! I want to connect the Fasten Seat Belt light so it shows up as it did when the car came out of the Factory to keep the stock look. anyone here has pictures of what to connect to power it back again?

Honestly i have  only found a female connector loose under the driver seat which is attached to it and one female plug loose under the carpet at the back of the passenger seat as shown. There is no info in the internet regarding how to troubleshoot this to get the fasten seat belt light working. What is the current trend? To disactivate the fasten seat belt light or to make all the dash light operational? If you read the manual as attached, if one thing in this circuit fails you need to replace the part and will not be able to drive until you fix this issue. Am i wrong?

Fasten seat belt user manual.jpg

Fasten seat belt diagram.jpg

plug under seat.jpg

Hi, I installed the warning system for my 12/1971 (HLS30-60213) car which originally was not intended to come with it. Shortly after my car, the system launched (according to the service bulletin, HLS30-62001 is the first car ) However as I show below, my car is unique betweenness.

I found the big  dents at the floor both behind seats, it made me think that I want to have the system, so I collected retractable belts, lights, harnesses, connectors, etc. I strictly set the goal to be able to return the car as it was, so some wiring is different from original warning system.I did not modify any original harnesses nor original connectors, I use original system and I made a system  just plug it in .

My experience will not perfectly work for you but, I hope something will assist your refreshing work.

Kats

IMG_0748.PNG

IMG_0749.PNG

IMG_0751.PNG

IMG_0752.PNG

IMG_0754.PNG

IMG_0755.PNG

IMG_0756.PNG

IMG_0757.PNG

IMG_0759.JPG

Edited by kats

Questions:

1. Still tracing the wire that goes from the choke light to the seatbelt which is supposed to turn off once you pull the seatbelt. I hope somebody can shed some light on the wiring path.

2. I have only found a female connector disconnected underneath the driver seat. I guess when they painted the car they installed the passenger seat on the driver place and vice versa or do both seats have a sensor underneath them? Please confirm.

• 1 year later...

I find the interlock definition a little strange for the 72 car, I was not aware that this was done on any 240z. My USA 73 240 manual transmission had seat belt buzzer only. You could start the car in any gear or in neutral without having your seatbelt buckled. The buzzer would go whenever the car was in gear, it would turn off while shifting between gears, but would come right back on once in gear. You could just unplug it from the seat if you wanted, but I decided that I'd just leave it connected and use it to train me to get in the habit of wearing my seat belt. Since the car was my daily driver for about 20 years it's now automatic, get in a car and the first thing I do is put on my seat belt.

My 9-71 z came without the seat belt red light. I purchased the fasten seatbelt light, installed it and wired it to come on with the choke light. It is basically there to remind me to fasten my seatbelt which after 47 years I do without thinking. It looks better with the light.IMG_9671.JPG

Phil Smith

• 2 weeks later...

That is an idea for sure, but I would love to fully re-connect the system.  Anyone know exactly where the 2  green wire ends hook up to under/near the dash?  1 to fuse and 1 to light or to a cluster based upon Kats good info?  KATS, do you have a higher res of photo you took of the actual parts/wiring?  

Edited by sklein239

6 hours ago, sklein239 said:

That is an idea for sure, but I would love to fully re-connect the system.  Anyone know exactly where the 2  green wire ends hook up to under/near the dash?  1 to fuse and 1 to light or to a cluster based upon Kats good info?  KATS, do you have a higher res of photo you took of the actual parts/wiring?  

Hi , I will take some pictures of the wiring of my car .

But I say again , my case is not the original wiring, I wanted to have the warning system. So I added some wiring and connectors and using existing wiring and connectors . 

I did not cut nor welded any original wiring because I can resume originals whenever I want to .

The best thing is to see someone’s original wiring.

Kats

Edited by kats

Hi , I still have not been able to see my car , so I post some here . The attached pictures are , 

3 wire - connector of the defroster SW

4 wire - connector of the seat belt and choke light 

A wiring illustration of body , Nov 1972 

A wiring illustration of Dash , Nov 1972 

( but I can not see the connectors for the warning light in the illustration)

A wiring diagram of whole car , Nov 1972 

A service manual of 1973 240Z , Nov 1972

A description of seat SW , Nov 1972

My 240Z’s original defroster SW and branke plate , and choke light ,  Dec 1971 

My 240Z’s original seat belts , non retract / non position sensor type , Dec 1971

A view of original set up of seat belt warning light with choke light and defroster SW for HLS30- 62001 and after .

Kats 

60F5EAB6-EB1A-401A-9985-7DEF14752633.jpeg

9A47D84D-6808-4BDF-B89A-0443CB034F83.jpeg

460A7436-6247-4273-8312-864D85171717.jpeg

DB4885A2-48D9-4F6B-AD1C-BB1BBFE8A15B.jpeg

BD9DEFCD-06D5-4AB8-9B6E-E11BE26A7EF5.jpeg

8AB838D0-2D37-45FF-8DF3-89213FBE9F5A.jpeg

13F983EA-214C-46B1-A50C-290A650D73ED.jpeg

CB89A439-8155-4739-B8F9-1316958229CE.jpeg

0BC479D8-7969-46B7-B467-2264885CB4E8.jpeg

86CE6C1C-9512-404F-A10F-243BAE09516F.jpeg