IGNORED

parts needed

kully 560

hi everybody  I am in need of 2 body parts no long made ,I am  looking for the front fender seal that covers the headlight bezel and bolts to the inner fender wheel well liner . if you look inside from the front tire you will be looking at the headlight . this is the cover that keeps the dirt off of the bezel.I am in need of both left and right side .I will purchase and pay shipping if anybody has these 2 parts kind regards kully

my car is a 1974 early 260z but what I have found out is that at the time  Nissan was running out of parts for production at that time and they must have used 1975 parts because this is what  z car source , california datzun people have told me.I think they were used in all the 280 models and for what they say at the end of the production of the  260z .

Edited by kully 560

no that is not the part I am looking for. the part is a square panel that is held by 6 bolts that get bolted in inside the front wheel well.it closes in the headlight bezel.it is about 10" x 10" square and you would unbolt it from inside the wheel well in front of the front tire. once it is removed you would see the headlight bezel and wiring harness. it completes the inner fender well linner so no road dirt can fly into the headlight bezel and wiring harness.

I'm visualizing this part, based upon the description, as a cover to protect the rear of the headlight bucket (and mounting screws) from all the crap that flies up onto it from the tires. Being familiar with the early 70 thru early 74's, I've never seen that part. However. Every time I had to remove a headlight bucket, I wished the car had a one. Did the 280's have a part like that?

yes that is right but not longer made I need to source used ones.my early 74 260z had some 280 parts from the factory because they ran out some stock and they used some 280 parts .I have called ever where that I know of for used parts and can seem to locate them.

Go to http://www.carpartsmanual.com Look for the parts you're interested in. When you find them, look at the month/years it was used. Both of the parts listed for the fender liner (items 79 and 80 on the correct page) did not come into production until Jan 1974 and were used through May 1976. After that, a different part was used (part 82 on the same page). Depending upon the build date of your car, it may not have received these parts. These parts were very frequently removed from the car and are less common today than unicorn farts.

If you are fortunate enough to find someone who has a set and is willing to part with them, you'll probably be paying dearly for it.

It's too bad. I wouldn't mind having fender liners for my cars.