IGNORED

Possible fuel problem. 1976 280z 2+2

SeKcGamer

Do not use the AtlanticZ. Use the FSM (Factory Service Manual). As for the link in my signature, refer to the attached picture.

You will not get ready-made fusible links from a parts store. You may be able to get fusible link wire from them, and you will have to cut the wires to length and attach lugs to the ends. If you don't get a good crimp on the lug, you will have issues further down the road.

On the other hand, you could purchase ready-made fusible links from the links I posted. I'm not sure why you insist upon being so obtuse, especially when you appear to lack the requisite knowledge to perform the repair properly.

Spoon Feeding.jpg

Do not use the AtlanticZ. Use the FSM (Factory Service Manual). As for the link in my signature, refer to the attached picture.
You will not get ready-made fusible links from a parts store. You may be able to get fusible link wire from them, and you will have to cut the wires to length and attach lugs to the ends. If you don't get a good crimp on the lug, you will have issues further down the road.
On the other hand, you could purchase ready-made fusible links from the links I posted. I'm not sure why you insist upon being so obtuse, especially when you appear to lack the requisite knowledge to perform the repair properly.
58db0013a3d96_SpoonFeeding.thumb.jpg.b4ee73a9f3859eae99e75a941a88c7f8.jpg

I bought the car with those already messed up links, and why I insist so much is because it's my daily driver and I need to get it running again. I can't wait for fusible links to be shipped when I could just do it myself..

Sent from my iPad using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Autozone is not going to carry fusible links. Neither is ORielly's.  Go ahead and order the correct parts from one of the links that was given to you.  (2) brown(or red), (1) black, (1) green and (2) covers..  They are cheap enough to carry spares in your glove box.  
The gauge you pictured is your voltmeter and fuel gauge.  Check to be sure you have gas.  
Edit to say you are posting reference pics for a 75'.  Remember yours is a 76'.   It makes a Huge difference when referencing some specific parts, fusible links being one of them.

Reference pics for a 75? Those are the pictures of my car..?

Sent from my iPad using Classic Zcar Club mobile

These cars can be a problem as a daily driver if you don't have an alternate for just that reason. Cutting corners on the links can burn your car down in the long run! The local parts store doesn't carry much for 40 year old Z's. If you need the parts fast pay for the faster shipping...

• Like 1

Here's your solution,  Get the correct part #'s from the Courtesy Nissan link.  Call your local Nissan dealer to order them.  They should have them the next day.  Install them in the correct locations.  I'll bet your headlights might work.

Regular wire is not a good choice for that application.  You will have done the work yourself……with the proper parts.

Otherwise, make sure your insurance covers fire……….

• 2 weeks later...

Good to hear. I was helping someone locally this past weekend. I looked at the fusible link holder and saw regular wire there. I educated the father and son on the importance of having the right links. Fortunately, the son had purchased an engine wiring harness, and it still had good links.

By the way, 20+ years ago, my brother had to educate me on the importance of fusible links.

Good to hear. I was helping someone locally this past weekend. I looked at the fusible link holder and saw regular wire there. I educated the father and son on the importance of having the right links. Fortunately, the son had purchased an engine wiring harness, and it still had good links.
By the way, 20+ years ago, my brother had to educate me on the importance of fusible links.

I'm glad this group educated me about the fusible links. I'm only 17 so I know I'm pretty ignorant. Thanks Guys[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J320V using Classic Zcar Club mobile