IGNORED

Things To Do In Boca Raton, FL Area?

Captain Obvious

Yeah, that Vizcaya place looks pretty cool. I'd love to see that. If I get that far south, I'll try to check it out. II've never been to Miami, so I was thinking I could take this opportunity to at least drive through so I can say I've been there.

This is the last time I'll have reliable internet access for a while! See you on the other side!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I didn't make it to Miami to Vizcaya, but my days were quite full! Here's a summary what I did do:

Hiked around a little at the Yamato Scrub Nature Area
Z Rides and was treated to a wonderful lunch. Twice!!
Checked out the Boca Old Town Hall History Museum
Drove till I couldn't drive no more and ate lunch sitting at the edge of the Everglades
Hiked around a little at the Daggerwing Nature Center
Packed an impromptu food cooler and had a picnic style dinner on the beach at Red Reef Park with SWMBO. Was supposed to be a surprise, but she figured it out.
Checked out the oldest two remaining structures in Boca (one is now a kids museum, and the other is still a private residence)
Checked out the original Boca F.E.C. Railway Depot now turned museum
Drove past Camino Gardens which used to be a African wild animal park
Did a lap through Mizner Park
Drove through Pearl City and Lincoln Court
Checked out the Gumbo Limbo Nature Center

Lots of great food, and one not so great.

Hit the following Brew Pubs. There were plenty more I wanted to check out, but I only got to three of them.
Barrel of Monks
26 Degrees (In Pompano)
Copperpoint (In Boynton)

Here's a couple pics. If anyone wants more detail or pics of any of these exploits, let me know!
P1110260_zpslnxrwmew.jpg

P1110262_zpssowhywlk.jpg

P1110256_zpsigl1pmrn.jpg
  • Like 1

We live on the other side of the red bridge running from Camino to that Safari park. Some of the old pics of that are crazy. Would have pointed you to Rebel House for some great beer and food, Dubliner in Mizner for real bangers and mash + beer. Nice area with lots to do - we will see how much work the new Z will take before I can cruise it up A1A.

Btw that Z looks awesome. What exhaust is that? Getting the bumper deletes done will be one of the first jobs I take on.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

The guy who owns that white Z is a member here, but he keeps a pretty low profile. I'll let him know people are asking. I agree that exhaust was pretty cool, but I don't know the details.

FlyingScot, I wanted to see the site of the old safari park, but didn't know the whole neighborhood was private and gated until I got there. Best I could do (without attracting too much of the wrong kind of attention) was to snap a pic or two of the entrance as I sat at the stop sign across the street:P1110346_zpsh5mnqphf.jpg

The pic of the white Z IS in the lot for Cap's Place. Great eyes! I'm impressed! I tried to make it to there for dinner, but couldn't pull it off. Maybe if I get to the area again I can swing that. So I heard about the food at Cap's Place, but I didn't hear anything about the bar there. Is that worth going just for a couple drinks at the bar?

Funny that picture at Camino gardens is a 1/4 mile from my house - I'm just south of there.  Yeah - Cap's bar is excellent and very cool.  I'll fish for tarpon near there and while waiting for the tide to change take the boat in there with my buddies.  Like something out of Hemmingway's Key West. BTW- there are no gated communities in east Boca - that "gate" has no guard and no gates, all roads are public.  You can drive in there.  

Serban - thank you, your rear bumper delete with that muffler looks fantastic.  I'll get there sometime this summer - is your air dam the BRC Spook with ducts?

Edited by FlyingScot

3 minutes ago, FlyingScot said:

Funny that picture at Camino gardens is a 1/4 mile from my house - I'm just south of there.  Yeah - Cap's bar is excellent and very cool.  I'll fish for tarpon near there and while waiting for the tide to change take the boat in there with my buddies.  Like something out of Hemmingway's Key West. BTW- there are no gated communities in east Boca - that "gate" has no guard and no gates, all roads are public.  You can drive in there.  

Serban - thank you, your rear bumper delete with that muffler looks fantastic.  I'll get there sometime this summer - is your air dam the BRC Spook with ducts?

That airdam was an ebay purchase, pretty sure it's a reproduction.

4 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

It looks similar to the Xenon I have on my 280.  Jegs has the best price, I paid around $150 and got free shipping.  The one one the yellow Z, http://www.jegs.com/p/Xenon/Xenon-Front-Air-Dams/2971003/10002/-1

here's mine on a '77

DSC00399.JPG

Yup...that's the one, xenon, couldn't think of the name.

20170219_132712.jpg

20170319_123654.jpg

I like your's best though, mine is still factory black. :D

Captain Obvious is a really good drinking buddy, I'm glad you guys had fun.  I got to hang out with him and some other members at Memphis Z CON 2015.  No one went to jail or the wrecker's yard, good week for all.

I did get some 240 brackets from a member on here, Eurodat aka Chas, and put an old 240 bumper on the front and still have the bartop rear bumper from 77s and 78s.  I'll get it painted one day but I'm skating by telling myself it's the "patina look". ROFL

240 bumper.jpg