IGNORED

Things To Do In Boca Raton, FL Area?

Captain Obvious

nice ritzy area, not much to do. You could make the drive down to south beach lots to see there. Also there is a mansion right on Biscayne bay Villa Vizcaya, that is pretty cool to tour, check out the grotto. Lot of old money spent on artwork etc. Watch out for mercury vapor street lights while down near Miami, if you see them don't stop.

I  did a lot of work there. Lots of nice cars to look at.

1. This is a trendy area.  Worth a look in the evening: Mizner Park

2. Here is a nice thai restaurant: http://www.bluefinsushiboca.com/

3. I like the Italian food here...sort of NJ Diner feel and next to the thai place:

4. This place reminds me of Russia: Grand Lux Cafe (Yeah it is in aMall but worth a boo)  Town Center at Boca Raton, 6000 Glades Rd #1016, Boca Raton, FL 33431, USA

5. Touristy but reminds me of being a kid on vacation: 

7. OK Indian Place: Punjab Fine:

8. Spanish River BLVD will take you to the beach.

9. Watch out on the I95.. 5 to 7 lanes wide it seems with every one in every lane.  Kids on cells, old folks, out of town tourists, newly landed foreigners with old country driving styles, arrogant rich people, maniacs, trucks, fast cars, junk heaps... quite an experience ranging from 40mph to 90mph at any time.

Thanks for the ideas guys! So why is it that most of the detailed info is coming from someone who lives thousands of miles away??   :)

Dave, What's with the mercury vapor lights? Why shouldn't I stop? Are you implying some sort of health issue or are they just in a section of town that I shouldn't be in?

Also, how long would it take to get from Boca to Orlando? If it's not too long, maybe I could stop in again.

I have not lived down there (Ft Lauderdale) since the 70's so I am sure my info is dated. We used to drive out in the everglades, IIRC there is a national preserve out there. If you want to see some Gators, this is the mating season, lots of them roaming around. I recall a nice elevated walk way that you could walk out into the habitat some and see lots of wild life.

Dave, I'd love to drive up and see you again, but three hours is a little too far. I think I'm going to have to amuse myself a little further south this time.

So I've got a couple Z related events and meetings on the docket so far. Anyone else in the area want to show off their car, or tell me to my face that I'm a menace to the Z community?  :P

• Like 2