IGNORED

Heater/Vent and Radio Control Panel 1971 240Z

Tomcat

My car is a 2/71 production date. I have my heat/vent control system apart because the levers were either hard to move or wouldn't move at all. I have cleaned and greased the cables and getting ready to reassemble everything. I found a period correct AM radio and am installing it as well. My question is what, if anything, attaches or mounts to the two holes in the attached photo. The holes are threaded.

Thanks for any info,

--ThomasZ Controls.JPG

Hello Thomas,

I'm not sure how I missed your previous posts, but I also have an early Series II produced in 2/71.  My car is HLS30-21244, so it would have been produced very early in February 1971.  Last October I sent the heater control panel in for re-chrome and I don't remember anything being mounted in the two screw holes you pointed out.  Also, my car was purchased unrestored and mostly original (minus the rust), so if you need any other assistance I'd be glad to help!

Robert S.

Thank you EhlersRS/Robert S.

I would appreciate your help every so often because sometimes I don't know what is correct for my car ... what is original, added, changed or missing. Mine is -23692 originally yellow but painted red. The only rust I've found so far is a dime-sized hole under the battery tray.

--Thomas