IGNORED

New to the forum

studegard

Just signed up to the forum. I'm  starting to look to buy a 240z and would like some advice of what to look for.  I bought a brand new 1971 240Z in Okinawa in the spring of 1971 for $2950.00, no sales tax, and had it shipped to the US for $125.00. My girlfriend ended up with the car way back then. I lost track of her and the car. I'd like to find the car.. Well maybe not that car but a similar one. What does a "series one" refer to? I came across that term recently in my search.

Welcome! Series 1 isn't an official Nissan term bit it's what most people call the early 240Z with the hatch vents, etc. An 1971 would be series 1 and a late 71 would be series 2. My friend bought a 240Z new back in 1971 and still has it. Where are you located? Do you have a budget in mind?

Chuck

41 minutes ago, studegard said:

My girlfriend ended up with the car way back then.

That must have been some good……….

Welcome!  You've come to the right place for Z knowledge. Some very, very  informed people here. 

If you know the vin of your old 71' you could start here, 

or here http://www.zhome.com/IZCC/ZRegisters/classic.htm

And after you find one this is an excellent knowledge/advice base to help you get it back in shape.

Wow! Lot's of good information and certainly quick responses. I'm located in south central Michigan, close to the Indiana border but I'm willing to travel for the right car. I don't mind doing a little bit of work on a car but no major projects.  I'm thinking that probably a $15,000 to $20,000 range is where I'm at. The car I had was the mustard - yellow color ( maybe someone here knows the correct color name or paint code) with a black interior.  Sure wish I had the original VIN number, but that's long gone. Does anyone know if a car delivered to Okinawa would have  a unique VIN or other identifying markings.