IGNORED

Horn beeps when I turn the wheel

Zedyone_kenobi

I just recently got my Turn Signal / combo switch and hazard switch redone by Dave and let me give credit where it is due... it looks staggeringly good!  I have no more weird light issues, as Dave fixed them!  Great vendor!  

However, having said that.... here is a new issue....all my lights and radio and every thing work beautifully. But my horn is acting funny. When I turn the wheel the horn beeps if I turn it just so far. I think the turn canceling tabs are hitting the little spring arm. That spring arm is suppose to touch the back the wheel brass all the time and pressing the horn button makes the connection if I recall.   Has anybody  ever had this issue?

Wait it gets better!!    My Roadster is doing the same thing!   In both cases it started after I removed the Combo and turn signal switch and then reinstalled them.   Is their a trick to reinstalling the combo/TS switch so this does not happen, because OBVIOUSLY I have messed this up twice.  

Have you ever had this issue?

Thanks to Dave Irwin, the electrical guru, this problem is solved. He wrote me an email about how to check for this and what is probably is.

The cancellation posts (2) 1/2" long posts that stick out of the steering wheel, that cancel the turn signal) are likely hitting the brass horn contact on the turn signal switch. It happens if the plastic block isn't snug enough, or the brass tab moves inwards, away from the center of the contact plate on the steering wheel.

You don't have to pull the steering wheel. Just pull the turn signal switch off, gently move the brass contact outwards and tighten the screw on the plastic horn tab block and the screw holding the contact. Just remember it's plastic and will break if you over tighten it.

Also make sure you put some grease on the contact Plate on the steering wheel. I usually clean all the old grease off with brake cleaner then smear new grease on. it cuts the friction so the contact and the plate lasts longer.

Dave

This is exactly what it was!!  Car works as it was suppose to now.