IGNORED

Another interesting auction

7tooZ

The more you look at it the more flaws you see. No grill, no shock tower vinyl, black engine room with original paint showing through, engine block needs cleaned and painted, wheels/tires too skinny, painted over the dome light switches, lots of exposed wires under the dash, left frame rail may have had some work done, etc. At least the dash cap isn't cracked! LOL Not sure why he took a close up of the dash cap. Must have a broken front sway bar since it's been duct taped back together. Or maybe the duct tape is a cushion for the air filter. LOL It's not a bad car at all but it does need some simple work and parts to make it a notch nicer. That stuff should have been done before it was put up for sale. Instead of buying a steering wheel quick release he could have bought some hood and door rubber bumpers and some rear shock tower vinyl.

I hope it sells for a lot. I have a 1972 240Z turbo just like it.

Chuck

This doesn't bode well, considering it's supposed to be "tuneable".  10 years without tuning?

"

• Bosch 440cc injectors.
  • Z31 ECU with Nistune board installed

The engine is said to run a bit rich...  "

or this -  While the clutch throw-out bearing is said to be a little noisey, it reportedly does not slip.

$19,000.

Edited by Zed Head

I have been on this one since new, with my screen name: SCRAPPYDO

With the flaws in all, this is still a nice car that has been done fairly well.  If the body is mostly rust free the price is going to keep going up. If you take the time to read the comments on the car they are overwhelming positive.  People are bidding and commenting on this car with their heart rather than their head. Which is good, as that is what keeps the Porsche cars such hot commodities.  The pictures are going to put this car close to 30k.  Mid 20's at least.  An old crusty used car salesman told me one time that Looks Sell.  I think this blue Z, while not poorly built, is proof of that.