IGNORED

Eibach Progressive Springs

The final word on the Eibach Springs for the S30. I read up on them on this site and ordered a set. I have the suspension pulled and want to make sure I have it correct. Their seems to be much confusion on front and rear placement of the new progressive springs. I thought I had the placement figured out until I pulled the suspension and became confused. The stock springs are long in the rear and shorter up front. The Eibach progressive are the opposite according to most of what I have read on this site. So do I have it correct the Long Eibach springs ending in the number 01 go on the front and the short springs ending in the number 02 go on the rear. Correct? 

20 minutes ago, Zedyone_kenobi said:

32982740390_5ea08d8fa0_b.jpgI put the 001's on front, 002's in the rear

You WILL have slightly more wheel gap in the front.  Just get ready for it.

That will be disappointing, but I will have to see how it looks. If I don't like it I will change it next winter. Thanks for the heads up. jlp

4 hours ago, Zedyone_kenobi said:

32982740390_5ea08d8fa0_b.jpgI put the 001's on front, 002's in the rear

You WILL have slightly more wheel gap in the front.  Just get ready for it.

What size tires and wheels you running?

This is interesting. I have Eibach Pro's in my 280Z and it doesn't have a nose up attitude at all. New KYB shocks all around.  Have Conti DW 225/50x16's on Rewinds. 16 x 7. As you can see the front is lower than the back. Might be because my car is a 280Z with Park Benches up front and factory AC. Do the 240Z's and the 280Z's have the same Eibach kit numbers. I haven't checked. I do know that I have the 01's up front. Currently building a set of T3 DIY Coil Overs for the front. In the rear I will use the front Isolators to drop it down a bit. May go coil overs on the rear next year... but not this summer. Reason = &%#$@ Spindle pins!!!

IMG_20140830_150537.jpg

Edited by Chickenman

4 minutes ago, Chickenman said:

^ Just checked MSA. There are different kits for the 240Z and 280Z. Not sure which ones PO put on my car. They are definitely Eibach Pros, but I can't remember the exact spring numbers. Just that the 01's are up front. 

I have KYB's and hope my car carries the same level as yours once complete. I did confirm with MSA that the 01's go on the front. It is interesting that no one but MSA has the Eibach progressive springs for the Z's. These are packaged for MSA exclusively. 

1 hour ago, Chickenman said:

This is interesting. I have Eibach Pro's in my 280Z and it doesn't have a nose up attitude at all. New KYB shocks all around.  Have Conti DW 225/50x16's on Rewinds. 16 x 7. As you can see the front is lower than the back. Might be because my car is a 280Z with Park Benches up front and factory AC. o the 240Z's and the 280Z's have the same Eibach kit numbers. I haven't checked. I do know that I have the 01's up front. Currently building a set of T3 DIY Coil Overs for the front. In the rear I will use the front Isolators to drop it down a bit. May go coil overs on the rear next year... but not this summer. Reason = &%#$@ Spindle pins!!!

Chickenman, I also have the Eibach Pro's on my 280z.    The trick to getting the stance level for me was ... to use the 240z isolators which are shorter, on the rear struts.   I have 205 55 16's on Rota's during the summer.

Insulators.JPG

1 hour ago, Chickenman said:

^ Just checked MSA. There are different kits for the 240Z and 280Z. Not sure which ones PO put on my car. They are definitely Eibach Pros, but I can't remember the exact spring numbers. Just that the 01's are up front. 

I sure would go for those Eibachs if I was confident my 240 would sit like your 280. The issue seems to be on the 240Z.

Even though Eibach discontinued these and then started making again for MSA exclusively, I am sure they must be made the same as before.

I see the MSA Eibachs are black. Weren't their springs red? Or is that just on the Eibach coil over springs are red.

I really wasn't prepared to go coilovers yet.