IGNORED

Underbody paint color

Villeman

Hey, sorry but i am on a tablet so i keep myself short for  now.....what is the eggshell yellow like Color of the Underbody of a 76' 280z.....cannot find it anywhere and the chassis is too bis to bring it to a Color scanner..thanks!

1 hour ago, Villeman said:

Hey, sorry but i am on a tablet so i keep myself short for  now.....what is the eggshell yellow like Color of the Underbody of a 76' 280z.....cannot find it anywhere and the chassis is too bis to bring it to a Color scanner..thanks!

Sounds like it had a paint color change over it's lifetime?

Maybe if the color is on it, the transmission crossmember could be removed for a scan.

Hey, 

doesn´t look like a respray but who knows. Car has black underbody and underneath a primer/color. Engine bay is silver like the car. 

If it were an overspray we would find another color underneath, but thats not the case. Maybe this is just the primer and the car got underbody instead of silver color? (car is 306 silver) was stored 35 years, there are still the paint marks from the factory everywhere 

gallery_46020_1704_8652.jpg

Edited by Villeman

I think cars with factory underbody protection didn´t receive anything but that primer.... Mine certainly came like this from factory, paper stickers over the threads were still in place and felt pen markings are there. Only leaves the color code. I will epoxy-primer the chassis and then paint in that color since I will only wax the chassis (better for humidity over the long time but more maintenance. We use Dinol for that btw

I have found the

1969 TO 1974 Datsun Yellow

Datsun Yellow

DN 114/71

or the

Light%20Yellow%20910.jpg                                Datsun Light Yellow

DN 103/72

paint code. It is a Paint , not a primer but from pictures looks a bit like the right color..can anybody confirm ?

Edited by Villeman