IGNORED

76/77 280z driving lights not working

925280z

2 days ago I noticed that my switch on my right lever (that controls the headlights driving lights etc ) was a little "sloppy" which is the only way I could describe it , I would turn it to the driving lights only at it would not work until I gave it a little extra push and it would work just fine . Now my driving lights won't come on , my dash is pitch black and even if I turn them all the way until my headlights come on , still no driving lights or dash lighting . Any ideas ok where should I start ?

Sounds like you are in a repair or replace situation with your Headlight switch. There are quite a few threads here on how to clean/refurbish your 280 headlight and turn signal arms.  Just do a quick search.   

There is also a fellow, Dave Irwin, that does a very good job of restoring these and other Z electrical parts. You can find him on Facebook.

There are plastic components in the Headlight and Turn signal arms.  Pushing harder is usually not recommended thus the possibility of the need for replacement.

Good Luck!

Edited by gwri8
  • Like 1

I think that there's only one for the circuit he's talking about.  Brakes are on their own circuit, as are headlights and turn signals.

Edit - just noticed that turn signals are shown as 4th down, but the fuse box cover shows that as fuel gauge.  Nissan maybe ran out of space?  Shown in the wiring diagram though.  FSM weirdness.

Park tail.PNG

One maybe.PNG

Edited by Zed Head