IGNORED

Are there after market battery brackeys

7tooZ

Not that I know of, your best bet is to find one in a junk yard and cut it out, there is a guy on hybrid Z who is parting out a 260z, should be the same.

Some people go in and match the curvature of the panel, but then just relocate the battery into rear of the car.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I mentioned this recently in another thread, but no one came through to confirm/deny or expand on it:  There were reports some years ago that a section of a Z front fender has a contour that replicates the under-battery section of the inner fender.

Unfortunately, I don't recall that suggestion being accompanied by pictures to show how it was done (or whether it was done). Even if true, Z front fenders don't grow on trees these days, so it would probably amount to a difficult or expensive solution (or both).  However...

The general concept is interesting.  Perhaps a re-pop or scrap front fender from a more pedestrian donor vehicle would serve equally well?  It would need to be a vehicle (car or pickup truck) with a similar, rounded styling.  However, I think you'd only be able to size up the feasibility of this approach by cutting out the Z inner fender repair area and then eye-balling the shape, hoping that it would ring a bell:  'You know, that looks a lot like the crown of the front fender from a 1986 Ford Taurus'.

A DIY alternative would be to take a fibreglass cast from the repair area and then do some tree-stump/sandbag tin bashing, using the cast as a shape reference. 

• Like 2