IGNORED

Incredibly Original 1972 240Z on eBay

lonetreesteve

This very original, un-restored early 1972 model year 240Z (built in 10/71) with its original paint and most everything else.  Below is are the eBay link as well as the photobucket link. Time is running out on this solid California car!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Datsun-Z-Series-/122363182166?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1c7d69fc56:g:SMYAAOSwax5YqkkB&item=122363182166

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o230/grrinc/1972 Datsun 240z/IMG_0373_zpsgu3f6le6.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

IMG_0363_zpszi15dgmm.jpg

IMG_0352_zpstgdnj8zj.jpg

IMG_0354_zpszszu4jdi.jpg

IMG_0348_zpspnetxfzb.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by lonetreesteve
Added a few more pictures.

19 minutes ago, Diseazd said:

$17,851.01.......well bought!

Who bought it? It was hard to not bid on this at the price. I watched it in the final 9 minutes and thought of what it would be like to have another Z and be single again. I decided at the last second not to bid. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JLPurcell said:

Who bought it? It was hard to not bid on this at the price. I watched it in the final 9 minutes and thought of what it would be like to have another Z and be single again. I decided at the last second not to bid. 

I'd be single if I bought it!! My wife would have said get out!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kstewart said:

I had the winning bid.  This is my first Z car.  After looking for a couple of years, I figured I'd better jump in before I couldn't afford it anymore.

I'm excited to get it home and get it ready for summer if this damn rain will ever stop!

Congratulations on a great purchase. The car and the price was right. I have owned a few Z's including my current 1972 which I have owned for 45 years (since new) original owner. Good Luck and this site is the best place on the planet for help when it comes to Z-knowledge. 

3 hours ago, Diseazd said:

Why don't you go for it Steve.....you can't watch from the sidelines forever!

3 hours ago, JLPurcell said:

Steve, I agree. This one is only going to go up in value. The time is now!

I would have loved to have bought this car. However, I have two '71 projects that I've invested in and at the present time, I'm not in a position to buy another 240Z.  But trust me, I was very tempted!

Congrats to KStewart!  You have just purchased one of the most original 240Zs that has been for sale in recent memory. I see that you joined ClassicZcars in July of 2016 and it looks like you only made one bid and it was at the very end of the eBay auction. Just curious, did you know already know about the car or did you first see it in this thread? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lonetreesteve said:

I would have loved to have bought this car. However, I have two '71 projects that I've invested in and at the present time, I'm not in a position to buy another 240Z.  But trust me, I was very tempted!

Congrats to KStewart!  You have just purchased one of the most original 240Zs that has been for sale in recent memory. I see that you joined ClassicZcars in July of 2016 and it looks like you only made one bid and it was at the very end of the eBay auction. Just curious, did you know already know about the car or did you first see it in this thread? 

I had been watching the car for a few days.

I was actually down in LA this weekend looking at a different car.  I drove down yesterday morning, inspected the car and drove it.  I found some issues that I wasn't expecting, so I asked for the night to think it over.  Didn't sleep much of course.  It was such a good car for me in so many ways, but in the end we couldn't make a deal work.  So we left LA and I spent the whole trip trying to decide whether to bid on this car which I did when I got home.  It was a long, eventful weekend to say the least.

I really have to thank Carl Beck.  He was very generous with his time, giving me some great advice and guidance.  

Resources like this site are truly invaluable tools.  I know I'll be making great use of it and lean heavily on the wisdom of it's members as I work on this car.

• Like 2