IGNORED

Looking for two knob rally clock parts.

JLPurcell

At one time, I had a rally clock in my car and over time removed it and really did not know the uniqueness of it until reading about them on this site. I would like to see, like I do with any new project, if I can find some working or non-working parts and pieces and restore a working example to put back in my Z.

xxxskyjp-img599x337-1449218111lxiw2s1230 

This is one currently on Yahoo Japan, opening bid very high, wires cut, and I have tons of the other gauges. But they are out there.

Edited by JLPurcell

1 hour ago, Galaxybj said:

I had Ron at Ron's clocks restore mine. Might check to see if he has any parts. The oscillator unit may be the challenge if you don't have one already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Classic Zcar Club mobile

I have been in touch with Ron, he has worked on a couple of regular Z clocks for me. He makes a reproduction oscillator case now and I believe that the guts are a microprocessor to replace the oscillator. One of our members has developed the same type of replacement without the case. 

I will necessarily put this project on the back burner and see what turns up. In my research and planed implementation on this project I have found the following:

1. Without the oscillator (or now a microprocessor) these clocks are paper weights:blush:

2. There are a couple of other options for replacement of the oscillator recently developed (microprocessor):huh:

3. Once you purchase a clock it will be a minimum of just under $400.00 to have it checked out and cleaned not counting any parts or repairs:wacko:

4. If you have an oscillator with the clock it's clean and repair is ?????:wacko:

5. To purchased a microprocessor in a re manufactured, similar to the original, oscillator case you will spend an additional $600.00 - $700.00:huh:

6. And the most surprising is that in following and planning to purchase an, (unkown), rally clock on yahoo Japan that my budget of 50,000 yen ($438.00) was not even close:blink:  72,200+yen won the auction, I was out before I begin.

So patients will have to prevail and this project will necessarily be placed on a priority list of things to do to my Z;) I will wait for the right deal to come along.  

Edited by JLPurcell

1 minute ago, moelk said:

I bid on a 2 knobb clock yesterday's on yahoo.

It ended at 626$ no oscillator included.

Thats to much for my wallet

I was bidding on the same clock. I set a limit of 50,000 yen not even close. Too many unknowns for that price for me. Did you notice the crack in the bezel? 

• 2 weeks later...

I now have New  Rally Clock Oscillator box by Zclocks. This photo is the first one out and currently taking orders., It's a plug and play if you have your own circuit board or I can supply a complete working oscillator . Contact me at :ron@ zclocks.com for pricing and info.

new-osc.jpg

• Like 3

It will depend on the final bid amount as the insurance cost will also depend on that. To give an idea I believe Ron has sent me a couple of clocks I've had rebuilt and the cost is usually around $60 USD insured. From LA -> SYD but usually it costs a bit more going the other way (Australia tax).

I originally tried to configure the eBay shipping but it was too complex with all the options there, so instead I'll organise a carrier outside of eBay and send tracking # and insurance details to the winner. (If it meets reserve).