IGNORED

Endoscope for Android

TomoHawk

HIguys,

I thought I'd mention something you might like to hear:

I just received an endoscope via eBay, that works with my Android tablet.  I think I'll "look into" my engine, *if* it gets warm, or  whenever Spring comes along.  It might be interesting to see what the pistontops look like.  It's supposedly waterproof, but I don't think I'll be looking into the rocker box.

It was about $10

I think you'll find a few other uses for it, too.  Could be handy for scoping out the backside of the dash wiring and connections without having to bend your body to fit in the space in front of the seats, looking in an empty gas tank, or finding dropped screws in hard to see spaces.  And, if you ever decide to open a colonoscopy clinic, you're good to go. LOL

Dennis

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TomoHawk said:

I'm not sure about that last one, but the other ideas are good ones.  I'll add snaking through the foot vent to see where it comes out.

Scoping all the air vents probably isn't a bad idea on a 40+ year old car.  No telling what's growing in there or what the mice have hauled in.

Dennis

I bought one of those off E-Bay a while ago. I figured for $10, how can I lose. I was pleasantly surprised by the video quality, The one I got could be used with Laptops, Andriod phones/tablets and I-phones/Tablet. They come with little attachable hooks and magnets so you can retrieve those screws & washer that you dropped. Handy little device.

Question is. How long before you stuck it down your throat and looked at you teeth, tongue and tonsils?  Most guys seem to do that in the first 5 minutes.... 

• Like 1

11.21  minutes, but I stuck it in my ear, and because I couldn't get the damn thing to work by just plugging it in.  I had to try it in 4 different tablets.  The first thing I viewed was the number buttons on the TV remote.

That's what the magnet is for?  I also got a screw-on thing that has a little mirror on a 45.

But for $10, it's not like the $900 ones the doctor has, or the TV stuff.

Edited by TomoHawk

Yeah... not all Android devices work. OS has to be one of the later versions that has Automatic detection for plug in USB Camera's.  I have a BB Z10 and it doesn't have the capability, but a Z30 does. With my laptop and WinXP it is detected just fine and runs with Windows Media Player. Laptop has far higher resolution than most smart phones. 

Warning. Don't load the software drivers included with the endoscope. It is laden with Malware, as are most of those Chinese mini-disc drivers. 

Edited by Chickenman

Yeah... not all Android devices work. OS has to be one of the later versions that has Automatic detection for plug in USB Camera's.  I have a BB Z10 and it doesn't have the capability, but a Z30 does. With my laptop and WinXP it is detected just fine and runs with Windows Media Player. Laptop has far higher resolution than most smart phones. 
Warning. Don't load the software drivers included with the endoscope. It is laden with Malware, as are most of those Chinese mini-disc drivers. 

Does it work with VLC software? I wonder if it works OS X/Linux.

Any link for the one you got? Seems like it would be worth it for inspection under the cowl.
:)

19 hours ago, Chickenman said:

I bought one of those off E-Bay a while ago. I figured for $10, how can I lose. I was pleasantly surprised by the video quality, The one I got could be used with Laptops, Andriod phones/tablets and I-phones/Tablet. They come with little attachable hooks and magnets so you can retrieve those screws & washer that you dropped. Handy little device.

Question is. How long before you stuck it down your throat and looked at you teeth, tongue and tonsils?  Most guys seem to do that in the first 5 minutes.... 

Link to the one you got?  I looked a while back and couldn't find one that worked with an iPhone.  I haven't looked lately.

Here's the one I bought. Resolution on a PC is 1280 x 720 wich is pretty darned good. Waterproof as well.

Works with Android 4.0 OS and above and Windows XP and above. Smart Phone must have OTG function. Don't know if it works with IPhone, because Apple has proprietary software. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-5-7mm-Digital-USB-For-Android-Borescope-Endoscope-Inspection-Waterproof-Camera-/162214076703?var=&hash=item25c4b6611f

• Like 2