IGNORED

MSA satin black Konig Rewinds are coming.. need tires

Zedyone_kenobi

My growing collection of 45's agree.

siteunseen, well I will take my Karma then with pride, knowing I was able to dip into your wallet.  HAHA.

I will have to find that link to the decals you mentioned. I was just going to go with the MSA ones, but if their is a better source, then I am all for it.

Thanks for the clarification Guy. The one thing that all this tire size hinges on is the offset of the Konigs.  Are the Zero like my beloved Panasports?  If the Konigs are 0 offset is it really a true zero or just close. How wide is their 15x7 wheel compared to the panasports 15x7? So many variables to consider. 

These wheels change the whole character of the car to me. The black MSA konigs are the kind of wheel you do not even try to run centercaps on. The are an all business wheel. The Panasports are the wheels that would be on James bonds getaway car.  Either way it is good to have options. 

Guy, do any of your cars have the size 240Z stripes on them?

These look like mine although I do not have these, mine are from 1972.  The ones from MSA have a block cut out around "240Z".  Mine have stuck on for a long time with very little peeling, mainly (I think) from being washed too hard down the door to the top strip.  If you are getting a respray with clear coat maybe they could spray over the decals?  I don't know how that would work though, the clear could attack the vinyl decal?  I think a phone call would be helpful.

I am happy with mine for what I've spent.  It's not restored but modified, so an "unresto-mod". :)

http://stripegarage.com/collections/datsun-240z-260z-280z/products/datsun-240-z-triple-stripe-vinyl-decal?variant=14729170374

datsun-nissan-240Z-triple-stripe-side-de  

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zedyone_kenobi said:

Guy, do any of your cars have the size 240Z stripes on them?

No Zedy.....I'm pretty much a purist.....I like em clean with no pin stripes, side molding or decals.....just me. I really like your readiness to try new stuff though....to each his own. My silver Z has the side molding....I'd rather it not, but since it's all original paint, I'm not about to change that. Like I said many times..... I love your cars......and the stripes were on a lot of Z's in the early 70's.....part of the history, just like spoilers, wheels and lowering springs....they're all cool. Site....so is yours!:)

• Like 1

Well sometimes I just want to tinker with the cars. I tend to want to try new things, and then talk myself out of it AFTER I buy new stuff. I have even considered doing a G nose conversion just for kicks.  I mean if I am going to do paint, I may as well DO IT ALL. But a part of me wants to keep the stock lines of the Z.  Their are already so many cars with fender flares and ultra wide tires. A stock bodied Z is tough to find.  Mostly I really want to spend time wrenching on all my cars.  The Z has been a joy to own and drive.  I will probably regret putting on the dark wheels and vinyl stripes, but I feel it may be fun change for a while.  We will see.  I really admire your collection and the depths you go to make your cars beautiful. You have an eye for detail I truly respect.

Don't flare or gnose your car, it looks to good. 

I'm also changing things a bit. Longstalk (black) mirrors came in today so the 510 chrome mirrors will be replaced. And therefore I think it will look good with some dark wheels but haven't decided on what wheels yet. Maybe I just plasti dip the once I have to see if I like it.

Ill wait and see how your car looks with those black Konig wheels.

4 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Here's some info on the 15's from Discount Tire, the ones I have and very much like them.  These are $296 with the discounts available.  Another option?

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?bp=4-114.30&fl=&pc=45470&counter=1&wd=15&rw=7

That is where I bought mine a few years ago. They had the best price. I went with 205-60/15 to decrease wheel gap.

I have since purchased a set of Eibach springs and will put those on this spring when weather warms up again.

The other reason I went with the 205-60 tire is I wanted a bigger diameter to decrease highway RPM's as I run a 4:11 differential.

• Like 1

Here's a picture of my 76 280Z on 16 x 7 Rewinds. Gunmetal gray. Tires are Conti Extreme Contact DW in 225/50 x16. Car is currently on Eibachs, but I am having some Coil overs made using a TT3 DIY kit.  I'll drop the car another inch or so. Want tires level with top of fender openings. 

May go with a shorter profile tire when I lower car. 225/45x16's are 24.9" in diameter. A 215/45x16 is 23.6" in diameter. Some good tires in that size. 

Will be installing 240Z JDM bumpers front and rear. I'm on the fence about the side skirts and rear valance. PO installed those.  I prefer the original look like Mike W's car ( Nicely done sir ). But it is a lot of work to remove them due to how they were mounted and a partial or complete re-spray would be needed.  What do you guys think?  Keep the side skirts and rear valance, or get rid of them?

IMG_20140830_150537.jpg