IGNORED

MSA satin black Konig Rewinds are coming.. need tires

Zedyone_kenobi

Lets be completely clear, yes, I love my panasports. They are perfect in every way (Guy looking at you bud! :) ), but sometimes you just want something different for a while.  Can you have too many swiss watches? Can you have too many .45 caliber Firearms? Is it possible to have too many vintage cars? I say no too those and many other questions like...No honey I have not had enough cookies today.  So I could no longer resist the temptation of the satin black konig rewinds sold by MSA for 479 shipped.  So badda bing one click later they are on the way.

Lets talk tires.  Recall I have tried three different sized on my 15x7 wheels up to this point.

205/60/15 with front fiberglass spoiler lowered a bit on tokiko springs and struts was fine

205/60/15 with OEM bodywork lowered on tokiko springs and struts were NOT fine

195/60/15 with OEM bodywork lowered on tokiko springs and struts were fine

205/55/15 with OEM bodywork lowered on tokiko springs and struts were fine

205/55/15 with OEM body work lowered a bit less on Eibach pro spring and tokiko struts are obviously flne

So having said that, I have more 15x7 wheels coming in that will need tires. Since I raised my car up a tad I was thinking of trying 205/60/15's again.  I know Guy is a big fan of the 205/55/15, but I was wondering with the 3/4" of ride height if I moved the wheel far enough down the arch of the front OEM bodywork if it would fit.  Not sure.

large251210.jpg

I am also thinking of adding the stock 240Z side sticker that runs along the bottom of the door and sides of the car. Yes the same side sticker I peeled off when I bought it... Don't judge me! :)

• Like 4

Zedy,

Nice choice on the Rewinds.  I run the gun metal grey version, 16 x 7.  I went with the 16's as I felt there were a better selection of tires, both now as well as in the future.  I also went with 225-50's for tires but did have a slight issue with rubbing in the rear when I went over big bumps in the road.  Ended up rolling my rear fenders which solved the problem for the most part.  Still get a little rubbing on rare occasions but definitely livable.  I also have Eibach lowering springs as well as Tokiko Illuminas.  I think the car has a really nice stance and definitely handles nicely.  Here's a few pictures (before I completed my brake upgrade).

DSC_0576 Roethke.jpgDSC_0579 Roethke.jpgDSC_0580 Roethke.jpgDSC_0590 Roethke.jpg

• Like 1

Mike your car is always stunning.

I recall your 225's looking very beefy at our rally.  I will have to run some numbers on the 225/50 and how it compares to the 205/55 or 205/60

by the way, I have decided to go ahead and get my Z painted. Probaby going to use your guy in Austin you recommended.  Thinking later in the year, but I think it is time to make another investment.

Edited by Zedyone_kenobi

So a 225/50/15 is exactly equal in diameter to a 205/55/15

23.9" The issue is the width. The wheel does not pivot through the wheel, more so of the hub a bit behind the wheel.  This means the front outside of the tire moves forward a bit more and may hit the body.  Would need to see some pics of some Z's on 225/50's.

I am probably going to go with 205/55/15's again. I know they fit and look good on the current car.

I have also decided to put the 240Z sticker on the side of my car like the car came with again. Site Unseen, I blame this one totally on YOU!  Your car looks so good with it. So while I am at it, I may as well get new datsun side emblems and while I am at it I may as well replace the hood emblem and the rear vents. Do you see what you are costing me !! :)LOL

23 minutes ago, Zedyone_kenobi said:

I am probably going to go with 205/55/15's again. I know they fit and look good on the current car.

I have also decided to put the 240Z sticker on the side of my car like the car came with again. Site Unseen, I blame this one totally on YOU!  Your car looks so good with it. So while I am at it, I may as well get new datsun side emblems and while I am at it I may as well replace the hood emblem and the rear vents. Do you see what you are costing me !! :)LOL

You're giving me chill bumps!  My Dad's favorite words, "do you see what you are costing me?"  But I truly think he liked saying that to his buddies, " oh that boy of mine is gonna put me in the poor house one of these days" LOL

Did you see that link in Mr Purcell's thread on where to buy the real deal rocker stripes, $35?  I can post it when I'm home with my laptop if you need it.  Your build thread was going strong when I first started reading CZC so you cost me some money too!  I was perfectly happy with my '77.  After reading and seeing those amazing pictures of your 240 I ended up with 3 Zs.  Now I've whittled it down to two, 1 280Z & one 240Z.

Payback time. :)