• Announcements

• Mike

Post on our Calendar   08/01/2013

If you have an announcement for an an event, feel free to post details here. However, we also recommend posting the even on our calendar so that it will gain front-page exposure.  Open this message and click here to open the Calendar.
Zedyone_kenobi

ZCON Austin roll call

48 posts in this topic

Mike W from this sight was kind enough to remind me that this year Austin is hosting ZCON.  I have never been but since this is a mere 3 hour drive as the Z flies, I am darn sure going. I would like to find out who from Houston area is going and maybe we can meet up for some much needed car talk and time away from regular life.  The event is June 20th - 24th. 

http://zcon.org/conventions/2017/index.php/sessions/

Lets get those Z's from Texas to represent!

Also, if there is already another thread, I did not see it.. :)

I don't think Janet and I will make it but you never know.  It would be nice.

Be sure to checkout Fredericksburg if you get a chance.

Oh, be certain the Texas guys will show up in force.  Have you never been to Austin or a ZCON?  If you have never been to a ZCON, I highly recommend spending the time and money to do it.  You won't need to "meet up".  You will be immersed...for days.  Its quite the experience.

It's like a kid in a candy shop!

I'll remember Memphis ZCON until I get Alzheimer's. :beer:

1 person likes this

Zeddy,

I know of a least 2 silver 240z cars that will be there.

Yours and mine!

Z ya in June!!

Zup

10 minutes ago, Zup said:

I know of a least 2 silver 240z cars that will be there.

Yours and mine!

Zup's is a lot more silver since last Saturday LOL Zup Wheels.JPG

2 people like this

Wha hoo.

I am bringing a new comer who just bought a 280Z to the show.  We will be staying locally.  I cannot wait to meet all of you.  The chance to drive on COTA is worth it all by itself!!

1 person likes this

Good news.  We decided to pass on F1 in Montreal for Austin ZCon.... Double trouble coming at you from NS.

3 people like this

Good news.  We decided to pass on F1 in Montreal for Austin ZCon.... Double trouble coming at you from NS.

SOOOOOOiiiieeee!

Come on down!!

Your "Good news" made my day!  :D

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Zup said:

Your "Good news" made my day!  :D

@240260280

Me too!!!

2 people like this

I'm in. Will be going up Thursday afternoon.  Looking forward to my 1st ZCON.  Will be great to see everyone and compare notes.  I will be bringing my friend and top metric engine guru Rolly the "Zombie" Alberto.  He is famous in the Asian drag and drift car arena.  I am lucky enough to have had him tweak my 72 with some of his top secret mods.  

He has a shop in the Philippines and a client list of who's who in Asia.  Travels between U.S. and Philippines with homes in both places.  I will be posting everything we did to my 72 in a couple of weeks.  It will be a chance for everyone to talk to this very low key legend.  

Yeah baby!  Looking forward to re-connecting with friends from Memphis and expanding the circle with new CZCC friends.

1 person likes this

Really glad to see that we are getting more folks from the Houston area to join us for this event.  It's shaping up to be a really good one.

Marine240Z - If you can, try to make it up on the Wednesday even if you don't get here in time for the judged car show.  We have a buffet dinner planned at the Oasis on Lake Travis (same locale as the show) and this is one of the premier stopping off points for visitors that come to Austin. The views of the lake are spectacular and the margaritas are quite good as well!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Mike.

ID: 16   Posted (edited)

This is the Mack, coming down from the smallest state, to the biggest state of the main 48, can't wait, 2nd zcon in a row, 4 total, will be my 3rd track session,  I'm still a newbie but I'll be there.  Hotel is booked, wife and I will be putting the plan together this week. It's such a long trip I had to put a name to it, it's my "Blind in Texas Tour" starring Mad Mack the Wing Man plus his wife equals  "P Squared"..............now to work on the posse from the surrounding clubs in New England to bring in the wagon train, DO I HERE YA!

20160728_171807.jpg

Edited by craZpaul

ID: 17   Posted

Roll call! So who's currently coming? I think we will come down for the day on Wednesday and we are at the hotel on Thursday and Friday night. We will be at my mother in laws in Fredericksburg the rest of the week

@Zedyone_kenobi

@240260280

@Zup

@S30Driver

@Captain Obvious  ????

@siteunseen ????

@craZpaul

@jfa.series1

@Marine240z

Who else???

ID: 18   Posted

Got a +1 

i am bringing a new 289z owner with me with his car ! 

Going to be awesome meeting all of you 

I will look for stickers that say Hi my name is Zedyone_kenobi

ID: 19   Posted

3 hours ago, Patcon said:

Roll call! So who's currently coming? I think we will come down for the day on Wednesday and we are at the hotel on Thursday and Friday night. We will be at my mother in laws in Fredericksburg the rest of the week

@Zedyone_kenobi

@240260280

@Zup

@S30Driver

@Captain Obvious  ????

@siteunseen ????

@craZpaul

@jfa.series1

@Marine240z

Who else???

We'll be down on Monday the 19th with the Z Club of Texas caravan, staying at the host hotel for the entire week.  Looking forward to a grand :beer: reunion with the Memphis crowd and new meetings with fellow CZCC members.

ID: 20   Posted

4 hours ago, Patcon said:

WOW Janet and I loved Fredericksburg.  Very cool town.  We are looking forward to homemade peach ice cream at a small vegetable stand on the eastern outskirts.

We will be down on the Saturday.... probably head to San Antonio on Sunday and Fburg on Monday.

Looking forward to seeing y'all!

1 person likes this

ID: 21   Posted

This will be great fun!

We (S30Driver and Zup)  are to embark at daybreak on Monday the 19th and should be there late that evening at the event hotel and staying for the duration.

Absolutely eagerly anticipate seeing the Memphis gang again and making new acquaintances and friendships to last our lifetime.

Our thoughts and hopes for safe and memorable travel are with every one of you.

SEE YOU THERE!!!!!

1 person likes this

ID: 22   Posted

Phillip,

Call or text me when you get to Fredericksburg, so we can connect

ID: 23   Posted

I will be at the airport Hilton as well 

hope to catch up with you guys their 

ID: 24   Posted

I'm so there!!

I'm getting to Austin on Wednesday mid-day or so. Hoping to grab the rental car and head straight to the Oasis from the airport.

I've got a local place to stay, so I won't have a room at the host hotel, but I'll be there for the CZCC meetings.  :)

1 person likes this

ID: 25   Posted

37 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

I'm so there!!

I'm getting to Austin on Wednesday mid-day or so. Hoping to grab the rental car and head straight to the Oasis from the airport.

I've got a local place to stay, so I won't have a room at the host hotel, but I'll be there for the CZCC meetings.  :)

CZCC meetings = :beer: 

Z'ya!