Mike

New Security Questions

45 posts in this topic

Bummer.

13 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Bummer.

What's a bummer?

Answering the same question over and over and over and over and over. 

I know it's my own fault though, right?  :)

Well, I'm trying again this morning. 

I opened my ipad this morning, started Chrome, then opened CZCC as always. Clicked Sign In, entered username/pwd, no joy. Still the not allowed to view this stream. ok, try Safari, that worked yesterday. Now I'm locked out of that as well.  Hummmph.

I'm not giving up. Go to the PC that I have been able to get with, start Chrome, and log in successfully. Got asked the security question, no problem. I then disabled the new security question in Account Security. Log out, log in, all is fine. No security question. Log out and Close Chrome.

Go back to the ipad. Attempt to get in with Chrome. It works! Magic! No security question, I can get in no problem. That's how I'm typing this now.

Guess what I'm not going to use from now on! 

ID: 30   Posted (edited)

One of the horrible things with web browsers is that they are historians. The keep information in a cache and the user, distant web server, or local  OS, is often  looking at stale data unknowingly.... yes this is now how the millennials want GUI's to work... even in commercial applications including life and death applications.

I am thinking that your browser was grabbing some stale data based on a bug.

Edited by 240260280

12 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Answering the same question over and over and over and over and over. 

I know it's my own fault though, right?  :)

Nope, this time it's not your fault.  It's mine. :bunny: 

1 hour ago, zKars said:

Well, I'm trying again this morning. 

I opened my ipad this morning, started Chrome, then opened CZCC as always. Clicked Sign In, entered username/pwd, no joy. Still the not allowed to view this stream. ok, try Safari, that worked yesterday. Now I'm locked out of that as well.  Hummmph.

I'm not giving up. Go to the PC that I have been able to get with, start Chrome, and log in successfully. Got asked the security question, no problem. I then disabled the new security question in Account Security. Log out, log in, all is fine. No security question. Log out and Close Chrome.

Go back to the ipad. Attempt to get in with Chrome. It works! Magic! No security question, I can get in no problem. That's how I'm typing this now.

Guess what I'm not going to use from now on! 

Yep, the security questions had a bug.  There is a new update coming out and we'll give it another try when the feature stabilizes.

1 hour ago, 240260280 said:

One of the horrible things with web browsers is that they are historians. The keep information in a cache and the user, distant web server, or local  OS, is often  looking at stale data unknowingly.... yes this is now how the millennials want GUI's to work... even in commercial applications including and life and death applications.

I am thinking that your browser was grabbing some stale data based on a bug.

Yes, you are correct.  If you are using Chrome on both devices, it will likely hand over settings from one to the other.  Google has some cloud storage thing going on.  However, settings like this can also be stored in your local cookies which can take a few minutes to refresh.  Swapping from PC to mobile can be an interesting game so I'll be sure to have you guys test this again before I launch the next version.

1 person likes this

Hope you can fix that all up without too much additional work!   :geek:

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Hope you can fix that all up without too much additional work!   :geek:

Yeah, me too!!  thx

I had the same experience. When it asked the name of my car, it wouldn't recognize the one I had designated. *I couldn't get in and mine has been set on "remember me" since day one. I asked Jai (RedBird) to notify Mike of my dilemma.  I had no problems logging in this morning (Thanks Mike and Jai) but now i'm a bit fearful of logging off. It felt like being locked out of my Z.

On 2/15/2017 at 6:26 PM, Captain Obvious said:

@Mike So, when I log in, I have to answer a security question each and every time I log in.  Is that the way it's supposed to work?

its getting old already, and i am clicking the remember me button

I just tried to login on my tablet and got locked out.  :unsure:

Sorry guys, this feature has some bugs.  I've disabled it until they are resolved.  

If you want to disable the security questions on your account, click on your name in the upper right and select account settings.  Then open security settings and choose "Disable this Method" for the security questions.  Here's a screenshot.

Screenshot 2017-02-20 10.10.12.png

I tried, but it makes me answer the security question before I can get to the disable option.  Of course, the answer to my question is "incorrect" and I can't proceed.  :huh:

Grammar alert.

grammar.PNG

44 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Grammar alert.

grammar.PNG

I'll bite.  What's correct?  I see this a lot from different websites. 

1 hour ago, Jeff G 78 said:

I tried, but it makes me answer the security question before I can get to the disable option.  Of course, the answer to my question is "incorrect" and I can't proceed.  :huh:

“There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to. Yossarian was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle.

"That's some catch, that Catch-22," he observed.

"It's the best there is," Doc Daneeka agreed.” 

1 person likes this

MV5BMTUzNDQyNzY5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTM3

ID: 44   Posted (edited)

On 2/20/2017 at 11:22 AM, siteunseen said:

I'll bite.  What's correct?  I see this a lot from different websites. 

Just being a word nerd.  "OK" isn't really a right answer for "are you sure?"  

I wish they had a button that said "If I wasn't sure I wouldn't have clicked the ****ing box blank!"

Edit - Didn't know that blank would make it through the filter.  Something to remember...  It was general to all web sites Mike, not specific.  No offense.

Edited by Zed Head

ROFLWord nerd!

We are "bad behavior boys".  You think we're more sought after to the nice, good girls that read this forum?