IGNORED

280z Original KM-1520ZD Radio Install

S30Driver

What was old is new again! :)

A nice aftermarket Alpine radio was in my car when I purchased it, but I have always want to put an original Hitachi radio back in.   Luckily for me, a buddy of jfaseries1 , Scott M moved here and I was able to work a deal with him for one of his spare radio's.   After recently working on some of Zup's early radio's,  and with the nice weather here of late, I got the bug to get it installed.

Tested, refreshed & cleaned the radio up, removing the corrosion they all seem to have on the top plate.  Then, with the schematic & a new 6 pin male connector, (thanks for sourcing that for me Zup) I was able to return the wiring to factory spec.

It works great, a little more finishing & trim work, and should be good for a 2 or 3 point bump on my interior score at Austin Zcon.  LOL

KM1520ZD 1.jpgKM1520ZD 2.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Good afternoon! I have an original KM-1520ZD radio. I need to bench test it but am unsure of which wires get power, which are for the speaker and which ones are for the antenna...Would you be able to supply me with this info....if not, do you by any chance have a wiring diagram you could share with me? Thx Barry