IGNORED

EARLY 2400 Valve cover

JLPurcell

10 hours ago, JSM said:

That's crazy!!! Not disagreeing with you just find it amazing. Kinda like a series 1 choke cable for $250. I know it comes down to supply and demand but wow. 

I must apologize, it was $300 to $400.  There was one for $300 from someone at MSA and the others were around $350.  According to Carl Beck, there was only about 10,000 that appeared before the automatic transmission cars came with the newer lettering.  The oil caps were another amazingly hard to find part.  Mine has the elephant but before that they just had "OIL"

Edited by siteunseen

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Mine has the elephant but before that they just had "OIL"

Yours is like this? When you say only had Oil on was that it? Nothing else? Geese if so I tossed one of those too.  I thought it was after market. 

This link is the one I tossed:

http://www.zeddsaver.com/products/1970-datsun-240z-valve-cover-oil-cap

http://jdm-car-parts.com/collections/engine-parts-nissan-datsun-fairlady-z-240z-260z-280z-280zx/products/oil-filler-cap-with-oil-reconditioned-unit-for-datsun-240z-series-2

Well only $38-50 not to bad.

IMG_0075.JPG

Edited by JSM

An elephant never forgets to put his elephant oil cap back on. Simple logic. Dare I say he would also keep a spare in the _ _ _ _ _  ??

I, on the other hand can't even remember where I put my cap stash. Surely I have a few pachyderm themed ones in the pile somewhere if someone decides they need one bad enough, let me know. 

Edited by zKars
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, vintagezracer said:

Darn, when did you sell that?

any other race parts left?

The first is a picture of the 00029 car in the 70's racing at Indianapolis Raceway Park and the other is in the early 80's the 00029 car in IMSA set up. The engine is out in the second photo and the springs all the way up for trailering but you get the picture. I recently tried to buy the car back with no luck. Enjoy the photos. jlp

IRP_1.JPG

IMSA 00029.jpg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Gav240z said:

Willing to trade for a NISSAN cover?

IMG_20150530_183952.jpg

Gav, were you referring to an oil cap trade for a valve cover? Let me know, I have OIL and Elephant caps. 

IMG_8721.JPG

Edited by zKars
  • Like 1

Those elephant oil caps are not that desirable over here, they are quite common. The OIL cap is rarer, but I've already got 1.

No I'm afraid I was looking to trade a 2400 cover for a NISSAN cover, my 70 240z (HS30 00150) was probably made around September 1970, which means I was a month or 2 too late to receive the 2400 OHC cover. But since the car has the hand throttle, rear vents in hatch, and all the other early car features (71A gear bag), E31 head etc.. I feel that the 2400 OHC cover is at home in the engine bay.

I am in 2 minds about giving up the "larger" NISSAN cover simply because they are quite expensive themselves. Happy to part with the smaller version though!

• Like 1